Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

QEV Help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
QEV Help

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:02 pm

i recently obtained a 1/4 QEV (brand new in original packaging) but i can not get it to pressurize the chamber. QEVs are setup very similar to piston valves, correct? i have the pilot and fill valve connected to the exhaust port, the chamber connected to the "in" port, and nothing on the "out" port becuase i just want to test it first. is this the correct setup? do i need to take it apart and clean it before i use it? or have i just put the parts on the wrong ports?

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:08 pm

maybe its faulty, you should take it apart and have a look.

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:08 pm

why dont you just try it the other way around? You cant fill from the chamber btw

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:08 pm

well i took it apart, turns out "in" is the pilot, "out" is the chamber, and "exhaust" is literally the exhaust. this ting is hella powerful, just rigged up a simple airsoft gun to test it and its got to be shooting 500+fps with the sh*t barrel im using. it destroyed a coke can and made a clean hole in my binder but did not go all the way through (still pretty impressive considering how much paper is in there). a normal airsoft gun (shooting 350-380fps) barely puts a dent in it!

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 am

Its kinda logical that IN is the pilot, because you fill from that point :)
Having OUT and EXHAUST left, it should also be logical that EXHAUST stands for barrel, making te chamber OUT.

Logical thinking can prevent you having to open it to see what is what :)

But nevermind actually since you already did that.

psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion