Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 51 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

1.5" to 3/4" Sprinkler valve question

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
1.5" to 3/4" Sprinkler valve question

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:12 pm

Hey, today i was at ACE hardware and i couldn't find any piece that would reduce down a 1.5" to 3/4" and screw into a 3/4" sprinkler valve. If you know of anything please give a link to the piece or just a picture of a cannon with it. Don't get mad at me for a stupid post :cry: (First Sprinkler Pneumatic)

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: LikimysCrotchus5 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:56 pm

Why you have alot of questions there young one :banghead: You still need to learn the mastery of pneumatics. :violent1: . lol well anyway first off what is going tp be the size of the gun? Because i personally wouldnt use a 3/4 inch sprinkler vavle for something like a 2 inch barreled cannon bec i did the same as my first pneumatic but it isnt posted here on this website. Anyway, to say the truth, i found much better results with a 3/4 inch ball valve in comparison to a modified sprinkler valve. Why? Well its because of flow. S

Sprinkler valves: fast opening rate/low flow rate
Ball Valves: Low opening rate/high flow rate

So i ended up keeping the ball valve and i still have the modified sprinkler valve but that is now on my piston gun as a pilot valve. Any you should be able to find the parts you are looking for. Make sure they are pressure rated. Try Home Depot or Lowes. If you cant find them, then simply go down from a 1.5 to 1, then 1 to 3/4. You just gotta improvise. Common Sense :idea: .

Man what a fu*king dumbshit you are :angry4: :angry8: :angry6: angry9: :banghead:

Lol just kidding :D

4SPC, My 4" piston 3" porting cannon
Memo:
Fix up copper cannon
Fix up 4SPC
Start Stirrup pump
Start Toolies piston bazooka
LikimysCrotchus5
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:00 am

Well sorry lol, but the barrel is 3/4" as well i already have the piece stated in another post. I've been asking a lot of questions and research cause im on a budget (kinda) and i don't want to screw up.

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: LikimysCrotchus5 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 am

Yea well i can see, but for me, my first piston gun had no budget and it was all my money, and i can tell you i wasted alot of it trying to get a working gun. :(

4SPC, My 4" piston 3" porting cannon
Memo:
Fix up copper cannon
Fix up 4SPC
Start Stirrup pump
Start Toolies piston bazooka
LikimysCrotchus5
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: TheTrooper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:09 am

Actually i never wasted a lot lol, the total i have spent on all my guns is about $25.00. My scrap dart gun http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/pneumat ... 11564.html
and first pneumatic which i never posted. Both ball valves so this time i want a powerful working pneumatic which can cause some real damage.

TheTrooper
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion