Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Do pistons work with liquid gas?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Do pistons work with liquid gas?

Unread postAuthor: Tsukiten » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:17 am

Hey guys, :D
I'm currently constructing my mini piston gun but before I put in the piston and close it up for good I want to know if piston-valve guns also work with liquified gas (deodorant, liquid butane/propane)? Because I can mount some valve in that allows to refuel a lighter with some combustable gas/liquid from a can but I don't want to go through all the trouble if it doesn't work. I want to know if the liquid vaporizes fast enough and liquid gas won't decrease pressure in some way...or of it won't turn liquid anymore when it gets into the chamber?
Also won't the liquid be too cold for my plastic chamber (not PVC, ABS or anything, it's a gluestick-thingey with the glue out lol)?
Thanks for reading and please reply! :D

If you experience glitches and/or distortions in the space-time in close proximity to yourself, the above post may be an alteration of the truth.

Tsukiten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Necrosis » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:04 pm

Propane/buthane will turn liquid at a certain pressure, if you stay under that it will turn into a normal gas..

And a piston should work with a liquid, beware though, pressure rises and drops very fast with liquids, I personally wouldn't attempt liquid propane in a glue stick-stick.

*edit* And yes, it will be very cold when the liquid returns to its gas form...

Necrosis
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion