Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Remote Firing Mechanisms ???

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow, bit off-topic here.

The rules that 'I have written', have been personally approved by PCGUY (admin), BC Pneumatics, BLB and I think Pete Zaria as well. (mods)

I spent a few days drafting it up and PCGUY has full support behind it, it's not some rules I wrote to give me more power personally as a mod.

PCGUY let me post it (even though we had a feeling something like this would happen) because he wanted the members to respect the mods like the members respect the admin.

Now, you posted a thread, in the General Spud Cannon Discussion forum, about 'cool' new smileys. Which we already have. If you read the description of the forum section, you would realise it's for spud gun related stuff only.

Smileys are not spud gun related. Now if you posted in the Non Spudgun Discussion area, it still would've got deleted because it breaks the Non-Spudgun Related Discussion rules.

Now if you put it in Website discussion, I may of left it or deleted it. Seeing as we already had those smileys, I would've deleted it probably.


Now, when I told you to do some searching, I was being friendly, though it could've come out as a bit blunt. I didn't tell you to search everything, I told you what to search, seeing as if you learn to search now it's for the better.

I understand you did some prior searching, but not on cold PVC, so I pointed you in the right direction, just helping out as I don't feel like searching it myself at 11pm while cleaning up some other threads, it's just a hassle.

Now you say a how-to section with lot's of questions is good. Well that is not applicable here seeing as our how-to section you can't ask questions. Only post a how-to do something.

So let's say you meant, a discussion area with lots of questions 'oh the humanity'. We get so many topics repeated it's not funny. Why should we keep answering topics that have been repeated so many times? just so we can help you out and then you can be on your way never to come back, that's pretty much using us, the people who post repeated topics need to help themselves by researching and learning, that's all I ever did.

I pretty much went through every cannon on this website when I joined, so when it came to me asking questions, I knew what they were talking about and learnt things faster so I could eventually teach myself from reading older posts.

You know how I pointed you in the direction of cold pvc topics made earlier this or last week. In one of those topics, I searched the forum for a bunch of relating topics and posted them in that topic for the original poster. So I don't see a reason why you couldn't of just searched and that topic would be right at the top of the search results.

Now, the post I deleted was a double post by you, before deleting it, I merged it with your post above. So you didn't loose the post.
When I PM'd you about it, I used the exact same format of how i've been PM'ing people since the new rules, and that's about 40 PM's already.
40 other people were fine with me saying they broke a rule, i've only had one or two(incl you) who have complained. And the other person who complained types like a dyslexic 6 year old.

So I don't see any problem with my PM to you about that, I even merged your post for you before deleting it. I went the same away about my PM's and I explained everything for you. With the smileys, I was quick and blunt because it was getting late and I was busy and I really didn't expect someone to post a topic like that.

The thing about searching your valve, well we didn't mind you asking because it's not a common valve and we understand people have trouble modding them as they're worried about breaking it because it's not the same as the ones in the guides.


Now if you go, that's your own fault because you're leaving on false pretenses.

_______________________________

Edit:


No it's not, you have to choose to be or not be.
Tis forum does have a lot to offer, but according to mrcrowleys own set of rules a.k.a. "posting ediquett" about every other "rule" consists of ; "dont ask, just go look for it yourself, dont bother me, dont bother us, if it aint on the shelf we dont have it, and dont ask anything anyone else has ever asked before, dont know if they have asked already, too bad, go find out yourself, just dont bother us...dont do anything that annoys mrcrowley... dont post anything mrcrowley wouldnt post, etc etc..."


As I said before, they're not my rules, I simply wrote them and had them looked over.

Now that part in bold, the only rule that even comes close to that, is probably #20, the searching rule, it's not very strict at all, as long as your 'oftenly repeated topic' shows some sign of you searching it's OK.

And maybe #9, no requesting of plans, which if you had stayed here for a few weeks you would realise can be a problem with newer members, who funnily enough don't search.

Since you've been here for minimal time, you really have no right to judge us at all seeing as you don't know what goes on here, and what are common traits with new members.

I don't see anything else that gives the impression of 'go away, find it for yourself, don't post it if I wouldn't post it' type thing.

Seeing as you are so very ill-informed I feel its necessary to post our PM's.

MrCrowley wrote:Hi again,

In this threead:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... tml#138713

You made a double post, which is against the rules. Please read The Posting Etiquette for further rules and explanations.

Double posting is against rule #6 by the way.


Thank you.


CarriageGuy wrote:I did??? where? did you delete it already?
I didnt mean too, i must have hit the submit button twice or something, sorry....


MrCrowley wrote:I deleted it and merged it into the post from you above it.

No you didn't hit the submit button twice because it was two different messages. A double post here is two posts or more from the same member in the same thread one after another.



This is a PM about the smileys.
MrCrowley wrote:Sorry we're not interested in topics like that at SF. It's been deleted.



Thanks anyway.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: CarriageGuy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:16 pm

...and you wonder why newbies get one problem solved and leave; may i suggest the above post as exibit A.

"...As I said before, they're not my rules, I simply wrote them.."
huh?

Do you work at the White House in your spare time? I havent seen that much spin since my nephew threw up on the tilt-a-whirl! LOL

Look, you obviously dont like to be bothered, so i wont bother you any more MrCrowley . I will just stick to PM-ing folks so you wont have to "clean up" anything *i* say.
  • 0

High-Tech Redneck
User avatar
CarriageGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:09 pm

CarriageGuy wrote:...and you wonder why newbies get one problem solved and leave; may i suggest the above post as exibit A.


Seeing as i've been here alot more then you, your comment is pretty much invalid.

But the reason they leave is because they're building a cannon and they found crap plans on the internet and want our help, we help them, they build it and leave.

CarriageGuy wrote:"...As I said before, they're not my rules, I simply wrote them.."
huh?


They're the forums rules, approved by fellow mods and the Admin, so they're not my rules, but the forums rules. Spechen Sie Englisch?*

CarriageGuy wrote:...Do you work at the White House in your spare time? I havent seen that much spin since my nephew threw up on the tilt-a-whirl! LOL


I'm not even on the same continent as you. And what I said is the truth, leave it to the members to decide, but i've been here a lot longer then you have and know common traits of new members on this forum like the back of my hand.

CarriageGuy wrote:...Look, you obviously dont like to be bothered, so i wont bother you any more MrCrowley . I will just stick to PM-ing folks so you wont have to "clean up" anything *i* say.


I don't mind being challenged at all, this is just a complete waste of time, you have no clue what you are talking about so if you want to leave, feel free, as long as the members of this forum know you left on your own terms for being up yourself and arrogant. As you can see by my PM's I was nice to you and not rude at all.

PM all you want, well not literally, there are rules for PM'ing but you aint gonna learn everything that way, so suit yourself.

It's funny how you don't have anything actually against me, I haven't done anything wrong, yet you seem so determined to piss in my morning coffee because I deleted a thread about 'uber' cool smileys of yours.


* Not the proper way to ask ' Do you speak English' in German, but hey, it's the term most people are familiar with.


Just thought i'd add, this isn't the first time something like this has happened with me, so feel free to do some searching of old topics where members have got pissed at me, maybe you could learn a thing or two from them before they were banned.

Just face it, I haven't done anything wrong, if you want to stick around I suggest you shut up and move on or report me to the admin, don't keep bickering on the boards.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: CarriageGuy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:05 pm

Absolutely amazing. :roll:
  • 0

High-Tech Redneck
User avatar
CarriageGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 am
Location: Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Do as you wish then, report me to the admin, i'm done arguing if you're just going to ignore what I have to say.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:53 pm

Image

Now if only we channelled all this creative energy into building cannons :roll: :D
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: PCGUY » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 am

Topic locked... this has gone off way too far. If you require further assistance, please post a new topic.

This will be resolved via PM.

Oh and...

...and you wonder why newbies get one problem solved and leave; may i suggest the above post as exibit A.

SpudFiles is actually growing at an explosive rate, there are so many new people everyday that we have to have posting etiquette rules.

Many of our members are high school aged kids, members of this age group tend to just kinda post the first thing that comes to mind and not care a bit if people can even understand their post. A spud cannon is a dangerous device, if new members can't act serious enough to type a legible post then they do not belong behind a spud cannon. Plus, I refuse to have a forum where we let everyone run wild. This forum should project a professional, safe image.
  • 0

Yes, I am the guy that owns & operates SpudFiles (along with our extremely helpful moderators).
User avatar
PCGUY
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Illinois
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 19

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'