Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 81 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Doodmens, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

help attaching a shrader vlave

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Lard Lad » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:32 pm

i found a replacement tire valve at the car parts store. its not one of thoes rubber pull through ones, its a metal one that clamps down on a rubber washer. would i be abble to tap a hole in the end cap and put this through or would it weaken the cap. I have seen it done this way in other projects, i just dont thing the nut and thereads plus the washer would be l;ong enough to po through a double layer of pvc, also where would i go about getting a 1/4 in threaded shrader valve or a 1/8.

Lard Lad
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: BigGrib » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:13 am

if you are doing it in an end cap you can probably get away with a single layer in the curved end of the end cap if ya know what i mean thats how i do for my pnuematics

Yea, that's definitely going to get you at least a tazer.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s">DONT TAZE ME BRO.. DONT TAZE ME... AHHHH</a>
facebook.com/biggrib
BigGrib
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Lard Lad » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:52 am

i've got a shrader valve similar if not identical to the one here
[url]http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?
PageId=470&LineCode=NTH&PartNumber=90252&Description=Tire+Valve[/url][/code]
would i be abble to drill a hole in a regular pvc end cap and just tighten this vale in? The thing im not sure about in the round part on the bottom that the o ring rubber sealing thing sits on would be to wide to fit inside the pvc and seal properly. So would i be abble to attach this to the end cap without compromising its structural integrity? i have seen a couple of other projects with this kind of a set up. Also does anyone know where to get a 1/4 in threaded shrader valve? and don't say bc arms, their website isn't secure.

Lard Lad
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Lard Lad » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:56 am

oh ok thanks, so puting the valve in thae cap isnt going to make thae cap structurally unstable, so if i do this it isnt not going to explode and kill me because i put the valve thrugh a single layer of pvc. also what sized hole should i dril for this valve, shoud i just try different drill bits untill one fits?

Lard Lad
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Zippster » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:23 pm

I dont see what's so hard about this.
Most fittings save those exotic ones have inter-compatible threads, which is a godsend with all these gauges and what-not. All my cannons have both a gauge and a schrader usually on a tee at the rear of the chamber. Screws right in, and no fuss after that. And for the schrader valve, I use those little rubber ones then hose-clamp them down over a 3/8" barb. Works great, and if you tighten it enough you have nothin to worry about.

Proud to be the only kid on my robotics team with pneumatics experience.
Zippster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion