Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

12g CO2 gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
12g CO2 gun

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 pm

I am planning on making my remote control robot shoot something, so I came up with the idea of using those 12g CO2 inflators like the one shown here: http://www.genuineinnovations.com/bikep ... rodid=1003
I thought that i could just screw on a schrader with the inside taken out (since they're removable)so its just a threaded metal tube that I can attach a barrel and magazine to. I was thinking of just using small copper tubing for an airsoft bb barrel. Then, since it has a trigger, I can just hook up a servo to that to fire. What do you guys think? Would a cloud be better? Thanks. 8)

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:26 pm

those co2 inflators look good. Do they have a built-in regulator ? anyone knows how high pressure is possible with one of these?

POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: knappengineering » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm almost positive that they don't have built in regulators, but I'm not sure about how much pressure is in one of them.

Knapp Engineering
www.ewr24.com
knappengineering
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:27 am

nope they do not have built in regs, also their flow rate is a little slow. this is to allow the liquid co2 to expand to a gas before going into the tire. they still work good for charging a cannon with a schraeder valve. it may be possible to modify it for higher flow but i'm not sure about that.

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 am

in a medium sized gun how many shots roughly so you think a 12 gram could fire, using a efficient valve?

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:50 pm

without knowing how many c.i. your pressure chamber is there is no way to tell, unless you have quick changer with an on/off valve. check this out it will help you figure it all out. http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/inde ... _cartridge

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion