Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

few qustions on my Pnue design

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
few qustions on my Pnue design

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:20 am

KK all the pvc is Sch 40, I didn't show that the air chamber is end capped, and i will put a schrader on the back. so the 4 questions I have are, is there any effective way to be have an on board compressor (behind the elbow maybe), or would c02 work (how many shots off what gram?)? The next is is there any way you know of that can let you switch barrels, Because i think a .5'' would be much more suited to marbles, and maybe even nerf. do i have enough air capacity for potatoes and other heavy ammo, and will the reducing T and elbow slow the air? and lastly, will this sprinkler valve work, ive heard good things about it?
http://www.bcarms.com/product_info.php?products_id=32&osCsid=088bbd9b6d1ce7ec5e7df500a3dd8697

I already pmed this to cairageguy and he has been very helpful, but i would like to get a few more opinions.

Thanks, and if you don't know about some of this i can just copy paste this post ont the forums

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: few qustions on my Pnue design

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:37 am

pizlo wrote:Image

KK all the pvc is Sch 40, I didn't show that the air chamber is end capped, and i will put a schrader on the back. so the 4 questions I have are, is there any effective way to be have an on board compressor (behind the elbow maybe), or would c02 work (how many shots off what gram?)? The next is is there any way you know of that can let you switch barrels, Because i think a .5'' would be much more suited to marbles, and maybe even nerf. do i have enough air capacity for potatoes and other heavy ammo, and will the reducing T and elbow slow the air? and lastly, will this sprinkler valve work, ive heard good things about it?
http://www.bcarms.com/product_info.php?products_id=32&osCsid=088bbd9b6d1ce7ec5e7df500a3dd8697

I already pmed this to cairageguy and he has been very helpful, but i would like to get a few more opinions.

Thanks, and if you don't know about some of this i can just copy paste this post ont the forums

Your link only take to home page of bcarms. C02 works, the number of shots will depend on how quickly the valve seals. Your chamber is quit small, you will not get much power from a chamber that size.

Edit: your pic and link didn't work untill i submitted my post, then they came up working, wierd!

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:07 pm

install the shrade throug the end cap and the pipe much safer sprinkler valve is great make your own look in the how to section latly use threaded copler comined with reducers

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:17 pm

that pic is wrong, it is meant to be 1.5''-1.5-1 feet. is that still to small?

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:38 pm

That makes more sence. As long as you stay with a small bore, say 1" and under. You will/should be able to get some nice shots off. Post video's when done, please.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:14 pm

as I've been browsing on mcmaster I had a question, are the threads in the valve female, cause they look sorta like they would fit bigger threads.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:46 am

Go by the quoted measurements not what the picture looks like.

jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion