Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Toro Sprinkler Problems

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Toro Sprinkler Problems

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:03 am

Well, i went to pump up my old cannon yesterday and my toro sprinkler valve has an odd leak out the sealing face. it worked completely fine the day before, but now it leaks. and kind of wiered too.

at 0-30 PSI it seals fine. no leaks. the second i get above that, the leak gets worse and worse untill its letting air out faster than my bike pump can put air in. as the pressure falls, the leak also slows too, and it stops leaking again at 0-30 PSI.

I was wondering if anyone knew what might be causing this strange problem.... i need something to do on my snow day tomorrow (aka make a video of things getting shot) and this was my only in-commision cannon!!!!

btw, the Diaphram is completely fine, all the internal parts are completely fine..... im kind of stumped on this one............

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: bluerussetboy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:36 pm

obviously the parts are not completely fine. during my short stint in the air force pilots would come back with a broken jet and say it worked yesterday. parts break, some fail completely, some take their own sweet time to fail completely.

if your diaphragm is just a little bit dried out it will fail. the smallest bit of dust and a dried out rubber seal will not hold air effectively. put some lube on your diaphragm and let it sit for a bit. then try to pump it up.

i'm also assuming you checked whatever your pilot valve is for leaks.

bluerussetboy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:50 pm

yes, i did, and it seals fine.

i have been soaking the sealing face in lubricant constantly, and its not working, as well as cleaning it profusely.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:39 pm

maybe your pilot has a leek? or the srews are leeking? jhole in the phram? bumpy sealing face? i dunno

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: nivekatoz » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:57 pm

Could it be the cold wether causing the diaphram to stiffen?????

nivekatoz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: bluerussetboy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:25 pm

the cleaning it profusely probably isn't helping. just like over cleaning a windshield wiper, it will now longer push water off your windshield.
it looks like it is time to replace your diaphragm, seeing everything is working but not.

you might want to check out noname's how to.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/how-to- ... t7038.html

bluerussetboy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion