Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 52 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 47 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

pump up marble shoota

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
pump up marble shoota

Unread postAuthor: dopeassmonkey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:13 am

i was wanting to make a small gun that has a bike pump on board for shooten marbles has any1 else on here made something like that that i could get some ideas from? had a bit of a look around but didnt find much

dopeassmonkey
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:34 am

Well theres this or theres the LOKI with on board compressor .The thing about on board pumps is that they are often too cumbersome to use effectively. I would advise against it.

searching for a modern day savior from another place,inclined toward charity,everyone's begging for an answer,without regard to validity,the searching never ends,it goes on and on for eternity
-Bad religion
mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: dopeassmonkey » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:06 pm

was kinda more interested in somethen not terribly powerful (not having to pump it too much) maybe even just enough to put a hole in cardboard from a distance more for target practice without having to have a compressor or separate pump

dopeassmonkey
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:10 pm

try something with a small chamber, like 5 inches of 1.5 inch pipe.

i know with 6 inches of 2 inch pipe i get up to 120 PSI in 12 pumps from my bike pump. literally takes 15 seconds to fill.

if you really wanna go overboard, get a CO2 setup, a slide valve, a QEV, and make some sort of bolt-action reolading system and make the air-flow semi-auto and just load a new marble in for each shot.........

hell, it takes 20 PSI to get a marble through cardboard....... lol.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:20 pm

if you want something accurate with not too much power i would go for an airsoft bb shooting gun which you should get good range and accuracy with.

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jean » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:17 pm

jean
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: carter » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:33 pm

i have thought about doing this but the main problem was th pressure i would get from it. i have used a hand held pump to pump up a 3'' by 9'''camber and took forever and got to roughly 40psi. but using a smaller chamber would help.
firstly you could use a basic rifle design. mount the pump under the barrel and fit the chamber in the stock. or using a under over design have the pump mounted next to the chamber. its up to you.

At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote

carter
Corporal
Corporal

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion