Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Is this ok?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: elitesniper » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 pm

lol, and i suppose that sign on your avitar is where your projectile lands and where you retrive it :lol: , jk, do you know the approx price of a 1/4 female brass threaded tee in the US?

elitesniper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:37 pm

DYI wrote:@MrCrowley: It's kind of funny that the SGA is louder than the SCTBDC. No one outside of my closest neighbours have ever heard it. Must be something to do with the efficiency; the pressure drop on the SCTBDC is 430 psi, so only 40 psi is left at the barrel tip. What's the pressure drop on the SGA?

No idea, sound travel depends on many things, like temerature which effects the density of the air. Even humidity (not a lot though), which is quite a large percentage in Auckland's climate.

The test was done during summer, around 25 degrees celcius. Which sends a wave at about 346m/s, if your tests are done at almost freezing temperature, sound waves travel around 331m/s.

Also i'm on raised ground, maybe 25 meters higher then the beach, you can hear my dog barking from about 120m away on a quiet day.

These tests were done with no barrel btw, which is significantly louder than if I did the test with a 1.2m barrel.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: ALIHISGREAT » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:40 pm

well in the uk... https://vault2.secured-url.com/pneubits/acatalog/PNEUbits_Store__Female_x_Female_x_Female_316.html but as mark... said you should go for galvenized... but male tees are another matter, i don't think you can get galvenized male tees in the uk :?

ALIHISGREAT
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: elitesniper » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:49 pm

gosh, can some one explane to me exactly how you take off your barrel on a barrel sealer?

elitesniper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:02 pm

Interchangeable barrels.

I had a 2" female adapter go into the tee socket where the barrel would usually go, I then glued in a 2"x1.5" bushing into the back of the adapter and then glued 1.5" pipe into that and that piston seals against the 1.5" pipe.

I think that's what I did anyway :?

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: noob of noobs » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:05 pm

...I live in Chicago...nuff said...

You can take the barrel of a barrel sealer if you make a threaded connection with the pipe that is the lip of the piston on one end and the barrel. Or, if you use a threaded tee to house your piston, you can just unthread the entire lip, barrel, and reducer.

noob of noobs
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: elitesniper » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:09 pm

but you dont really need interchange able barrels right ,can you just glue the bushing in and glue your barrel? if you odnt want to change barrels i mean

elitesniper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:13 pm

Yeah, that's what I did with my first piston, then recently I cut the barrel off about 5cm from the reducer and glued on threaded adapters on each end. So it's not like once you glue it, you can't have interchangeable barrels, just need to cut the barrel of and rejoin it with threaded adapters.

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: elitesniper » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:15 pm

ah yes thanks now i can go to home depot :D , wait nevermind. haha there closed its late :(

elitesniper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion