Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], Gussmoore, Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Another stupid sprinkler valve.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Another stupid sprinkler valve.

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi i have just now modded my 3rd sprinkler valve but there is a problem with the seal or seating on it. There is somehing strange going on with it. This is what happened. I took of the top to the valve and then drilled my 1/2 hole. Then i filled the two holes on the sprinkler valve with epoxy. (ie: the solenoid hole and the tiny one on the exit? part of the valve.let the epoxy dry and then put my valve back together. just to test it for some reason i blew into the valve and put my finger over the 1/2 hole then i picked up my finger to pilot it, and it worked fine. The next day i took it apart for know apparent reason and then put it back together and it didnt work. any ideas i cant figure it out. ill try to go a little bit more in depth in a sec.

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: elitesniper » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:44 pm

uh 1/2 inch hole? or 1/4 inch hole

elitesniper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:05 pm

have you actually tested it with chamber pressures not just your mouth?

Did you put it back together right?

Is there any foreign material on the diaphragm or where it seals?

Try some grease (lithium grease or similar) after you wash the diaphragm with a very mild soap.

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion