Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Revolver Version 2 Idea

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Revolver Version 2 Idea

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 pm

My last revolver, the Revosemi surprised me in that it actually worked but now I want something that makes a seal between the cartridge and barrel. My other problem was the inconsistency of the homemade revolving cam. It wasn't quite accurate enough to fire confidently. So here's my next design.

I don't know if this has been brought up before but I was doodling around with my pen at school when I noticed that the back of the pen revolves when you push down on it. Look at the mechanism to figure it out.

Just so you know, the rotating wheel is not fixed horizontally to the tube it revolves on. It slides back and forth but still rotates with the tube.

Does anybody have any suggestions or refinements?

Attachments
revolver.jpg
revolver.jpg (21.14 KiB) Viewed 465 times

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:47 pm

When you push a pen, the writing part comes out of the end so you can write. This is due to the fact that its rotating piece is staggered. Would this effect your design any? If not, I see no reason this would not work.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:54 pm

ya it sort of does. What I was thinking was have a tension spring in front of the trigger so it always pulls the trigger all the way back. I might also spring load the rotating wheel so it is always in a forward position.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: dongfang » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:58 am

Hi,

I was thinking of a similar design some time ago...

I guess a pen would be a little small to deliver the torque you need. But, with a good set of files and a little patience and skill, you could make the same mechanism of PVC fittings (couplers, for example). Then you could use a pipe as the central axle.

I think I wanted to use the handle from a bicycle handbrake to pull a wire to drive the thing. I never build it...

Just an idea...

Regards
Soren

dongfang
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:17 am

I thought about building the rotating mechanism but I really want accuracy and due to my lack of the right tools (I'm getting bored of filing everything), accuracy is something I don't have. The rotating wheel is only going to be like an inch and a half so it won't be too heavy and I hope torque isn't a factor.

A bigger one would be pretty cool though. A well designed revolver with big cartridges looks, well, full of testosterone or something like that.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:30 pm

If I'm not mistaken the revolving part will be inside the fram so you wont see and of the revolvolishiosh pimpgansta sicknarsty uberness.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion