Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Guess that valve???air chamber???

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Guess that valve???air chamber???

Unread postAuthor: huntinggamo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:07 am

so take a look at this and tell me what kind of valve you think it is?
http://combattrainingsolutions.com/file ... 0PB_PP.pdf
also what are they using for an air chamber? is that a fire extinguisher? if so how did they adapt it. they say it is used at up to 400 psi.

huntinggamo
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:38 am

I guess similar to a sprinkler valve but then electric.

Antonio
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:08 pm

wow. I just opened the link at school. Didn't see that coming. Luckily no one saw. Anyway, for the brief moment I saw the page, the valve most resembles the valves on this page.

rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:52 pm

rcman50166 wrote:wow. I just opened the link at school. Didn't see that coming. Luckily no one saw. Anyway, for the brief moment I saw the page, the valve most resembles the valves on this page.

A very powerfull solenoid then lol. Btw I think we should start something bc of ppls profile pictures. If I am in uni and am reading the forums some of these profile pictures (like one where a person holds a gun to there head) doesnt make me feel comfortable. I dont know how to block certain profile pics, but I hate it. This forum is not about real guns and about dead etc

Antonio
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:23 pm

The pictures show it being filled from a bulk tank/hpa tank which is undoubtably regulated.

Seems to be a basic over-under solenoid cannon but useable at 300psi.

Wonder if the the barrel plug skewered by a pin is capable of staying firm if the cannon went off prematurely or if it really is only there to have something to fiddle with before pouring effect powder in.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:20 pm

This mortar has been talked about before, i can't seem to find the thread though.

@ant, glad to see you like my avatar :roll: :P :D
The reason i have that particular pic is that the guy is Eric Banna, an Australian actor- he is in character as "Chopper" in the pic. If anyone would like to edit the pistol out and replace it with a spud, be my guest! :P

Edit:Sorry, i got this thread confused with the mortar one, oh well, i always knew i was a dumb ass.

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion