Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 80 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 75 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Barrel in Chamber, Gun #4

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Sergeant Dotson » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:41 pm

Very nice gun. Nice piston

Sergeant Dotson
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: SpudFarm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:45 pm

is your seat nice and straight now? no bulks and bumps?

that is one of the most complete pistons i have ever seen and it looks 110% usable :)

"Made in France"
- A spud gun insurance.
SpudFarm
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: JET47 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:58 pm

it should be straight, i used the uncut end of the pipe, and i laid a sheet of sandpaper over the piston and rotated a bit to sand it.

I have a theory as to why its not working.
When the bushing is slid into the sleeve, it doesnt go all the way back to the edge inside. So I'm thinking that somehow that little bit of increased area around the piston causes the air to pass around the piston easier at that point and never get to push on the piston.

Also, I'm worried that the piston might be too hard to move in the barrel. I know it moved up against the barrel when i tried it before pluging the back end, but i cant tell that it does now. and it was alot easier to move inside the chamber before i put support behind the sealing face. Since the surface there is concave, the disks behind it pushing on it push out the outermost edges a bit so the front of the piston is wider. As it is right now ussualy gravity is enough to slide the piston down when the gun is held straight up, but sumtimes not.

And I need to install a pressure gauge on the chamber, dont have one of those yet.

But ya, when i try to fill it you can feel the air coming out of the barrel on the other end immediately.

EDIT: Ok I just tried it without the widening things inside the piston, no dice, and with the piston starting past the part where it gets a little wider for a tiny bit, still no dice. so its no either of those problems. the air just doesnt push on the piston, i cant imagine why, maybe because the main surface area of the pilot face is recessed a bit from its edges? cant think of any other reason

JET47
Private First Class
Private First Class

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion