Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

am i just an idiot or is GGDT messed up?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
am i just an idiot or is GGDT messed up?

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:47 pm

k when i enter measurements for volume (plus i think you should just be able to enter the volume) i get a different answer than what i get on my calc.

i'm trying to do a coax gun in it, and thus found the volume of the actual chamber space to be 97.2 inches. then i divided this by pi, then divided it by r2 of 4" pipe. and it says it should be 7.7 inches long, and this checks out. but when i run these exact same calculations in GGDT, it comes out with 25. something cubic inches... am i just way too tired right now or is GGDT messed up??

ALSO, how can you try and portray a coaxial gun in GGDT? would you just run it like a barrel sealing gun?

Thanks

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Re: am i just an idiot or is GGDT messed up?

Unread postAuthor: D_Hall » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 pm

ilovetoblowthingsup wrote:(plus i think you should just be able to enter the volume)

Well, I don't know if you're an idiot or not, but right there you've shown that you don't know how to read the fracking manual. Hint: You CAN just enter the volume if you RTFM and CONFIGURE the simulation accordingly.

i'm trying to do a coax gun in it, and thus found the volume of the actual chamber space to be 97.2 inches. then i divided this by pi, then divided it by r2 of 4" pipe. and it says it should be 7.7 inches long, and this checks out. but when i run these exact same calculations in GGDT, it comes out with 25. something cubic inches... am i just way too tired right now or is GGDT messed up??

Can we see a screen capture?

ALSO, how can you try and portray a coaxial gun in GGDT? would you just run it like a barrel sealing gun?

RTFM.

Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
D_Hall
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: watto » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:38 am

coaxial's are barrel sealing guns, for coaxial's you put the barrel diam in the inner diam section of the chamber data bit and it takes the barrel volume out of the chamber volume for you.

watto
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:50 am

woops.... forgot about the manual, i had the manual saved on my desktop then i transferred GGDT to my flash and just the exe file is on it for space reasons... sorry guys..

and i thought when it said outer diameter and inner, i thought that that was of the pipe of your chamber... i didn't realize it was for a coaxial, sorry. so then for a normal gun would you just enter the outer diameter and then nothing else? Sorry for asking but right now i am at school and it doesn't let me run GGDT so i cannot look at the program right now, sorry

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:51 pm

Now read the title again and you have your answer :D

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
Brian the brain

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

hahahaha thanks BTB, i got it working successfully now, working on optimizing my guns...

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: watto » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 pm

ilovetoblowthingsup wrote:so then for a normal gun would you just enter the outer diameter and then nothing else?

Thats it man, just put 0 in the inner diameter bit if its not a coax :P

watto
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 pm

yep i printed off the manual thanks guys

facepalmdesk (for idiocy)

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion