Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 35 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Check valve type pnuematic spud gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Check valve type pnuematic spud gun

Unread postAuthor: TRXSandRacer02 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:53 pm

I was at a barbeque last year and a friend showed up with a check valve type of spud gun that i had never seen or built. Just curious if anyone had any deisgns for this or seen this. It looked like a normal gun but it had a hole in the end we filled with a blow gun from a compressor hose and when it got to a certain point/ filled to a certain point it shot. Email me if anyone has seen this or has deisgns for it thanks
Ben Wilson

Last edited by TRXSandRacer02 on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TRXSandRacer02
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: keep_it_real » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 pm

2 things I can think of right now if I understand what you said:

A pop-off valve was used to pilot a modded sprinkler valve or piston. When the pressure goes above the value of the pop-off valve, it fires.

He might of used a burst disk but it doesn't sound like it from your description. You use some kind of material (usually aluminum foil) in a union. Same concept but you would probably know if that's what it was.

keep_it_real
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: TRXSandRacer02 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 pm

thanks for the reply i beleive it had a mud flap check valve? I have built a few spud guns when i was younger and we used oxygen/asedalene from a torch for fuel. I really woudl like to embark on building a good pnuematic high psi spud gun. if you/anyone has any good plans please link me or email me. thanks

TRXSandRacer02
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Welcome to Spudfiles.

One thing we don't believe in here, is giving out plans. For the simple reason of it is far too dangerous. Anyone can build a basic pneumatic, but not everyone can understand them.

The key to understanding them, is learning how to build one yourself. We can provide the information and help, but it is you who has to learn the principles.

This way we can help you knowing that you have some clue to what you are doing. No point teaching something you don't know.

A few good places to start:
<A HREF="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page">SpudWiki</a> - An encyclopedia of Spudgun information compiled by the forum members. I recommend you start here, learn the principles and the different designs and concepts. There is a lot to learn just about the basics, I recommend a minimum of a few hours spent here.

<A HREF="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/pneumatic-cannon-showcase-f1.html">Pneumatic Cannon Showcase Section</a> - All the pneumatic cannons built by people worldwide from the forum and other websites. Once you know the principles, you can now start learning what they look like in the real world and how they perform. This is a good place to learn because you can see what the finish concepts really look like and you can familiarize yourself with them. Again i'd recommend a few hours spent going through the cannons.

It may be best to search some terms so you can look at the concepts you want to build. When I first started, I went through every cannon, there are a lot more now, but you should still go through 10 or 15 pages over a few days.

You should also read <A HREF="http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php?title=Identifying_Pressure_Rated_PVC">this.</a> It's a article written by me on how to identify the correct type of PVC pipe to use for spudguns.

Thanks. :)

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: judgment_arms » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:41 pm

TRXSandRacer02 wrote: if you/anyone has any good plans please link me or email me. thanks

BCarms carries a kit that should be a perfect place to start.

Call me "Judge", it's easier to type.

Spud gun safety rules
judgment_arms
Major General
Major General

Location: Not so beautiful North Carolina, but at least it’s the U.S.A.!

Unread postAuthor: Lentamentalisk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:53 pm

Also, go back and edit your post to remove your email address before the spam bots find it...

Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Lentamentalisk
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: TRXSandRacer02 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:58 pm

thanks to everyone for your information. I contacted the guy and he is going to show me exactly what he used. He did have a pneumatic check valve that was adjustble to reileve psi at whatever it was set at. When i complete this gun, i will post it on this site.

TRXSandRacer02
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion