Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Grenading non rated abs testing possibility.

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Lentamentalisk » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 pm

what the HELL are you talking about?
Blowtorching plastic is not a good way to make it stronger.
Please explain how turning plastic to mush makes it take higher pressures.

Do not look back, and grieve over the past, for it is gone;
Do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come;
Live life in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: mike1010 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:30 am

jonnyboy wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:For a blast shield I'd recommend something like cardboard as a first layer, to get the chararistics of the explosion, if it does indeed shrapnel or not.

Try and only have one hole in the chamber, and if possible over a fitting as well, for two layers. ABS has failed in combustions before, but only split as a result of cracking from fittings in the chamber. Try and reduce that problem.

Pressure, not sure. Maybe 130-180psi range.

For a backup failure option, try dropping it from a height onto something solid like a rock or concrete. Don't personally drop it, but attach a piece of string or something to pull it off.

This will simulate what happens when you drop it compared to the chamber just splitting open from pressure.

It would be good to get some failure chararistics from this test, and realistic ones at that. You don't usually throw rocks at your cannon :wink:

If it doesn't blow and you do need to drop it, the failure chararistics may be far different, I.E it may shrapnel instead of splitting.

What do you think?

As a matter of fact before every shot I take a lighter and propane and burn the chamber to a crisp. Just to make sure it still holds up.

I would drop it off something as crowley said.

um ok it may be sarcasm but thats not even something the dumbest of dumb would do. why would you heat it at all??????

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion