Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 60 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

refilling 5lb co2 tanks?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
refilling 5lb co2 tanks?

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 am

Hey all, does anyone know about refilling 5 lb CO2 tanks? Will paintball places refill them? I'm asking because i'll be using one in my airsoft machine gun, and would like to make sure they are easy to refill..

Thanks,
ILTBTU

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Fri May 16, 2008 11:43 am

I get mine refilled at the same place I purchased the tank at. Actually, this company takes my empty tank and gives me a full one.

The company is simply a local machining company. Paintball shops may be able to help, but I'm not sure with the bulk tanks.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:02 pm

yea i dunno, how much does it cost you per tank?

I'm gonna call the paintball place down the street and see what they say

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: STHORNE » Fri May 16, 2008 5:09 pm

ilovetoblowthingsup wrote:yea i dunno, how much does it cost you per tank?

Most places don't charge "per tank", but "per ounce" because of the different sizes of CO2 tanks. Around here, we have a place that charges only 16 cents per ounce to refill, but I get a discount because my uncle owns the place :D

But most of the time, they charge about 20-25 cents per ounce. How many ounces is your "5 lbs" tank?

Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
STHORNE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 5:11 pm

80 ounces.. that seems like it should only cost around 16 dollars if i am correct. It costs 4 bucks to fill my 20 ounce tanks at Fleet Farm, I bet they would fill a 5 lber for me what do you think STHORNE?

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: STHORNE » Fri May 16, 2008 5:14 pm

Oh yeah, Fleet Farm will most definately fill that sucker up for you :wink:

Being a cheeze-head and all.....anything is possible in the land of cows :D

Forum Rules - follow them or else!
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence”
STHORNE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:50 pm

haha cheese heads kick ass!!!

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Davidvaini » Fri May 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I live in Wisconsin too so I would love to see if farm and fleet fills them up.

Davidvaini
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: BigGrib » Fri May 16, 2008 8:34 pm

I've got a 10lb tank which I purchased for my keg system and it cost me $11.00 to get it filled at OxArc and it lasts me quite a while, unless I'm using it to fill my pnuematics then it'll last me like a month.

Yea, that's definitely going to get you at least a tazer.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s">DONT TAZE ME BRO.. DONT TAZE ME... AHHHH</a>
facebook.com/biggrib
BigGrib
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Davidvinai- you live in Wisconsin!?!?!?! Why didn't you say so!? What part of wisconsin?

David and STHORNE- do you know of any places that dispose of 5 lb CO2 tanks? I'd ideally like to get one for free instead of shelling out 50 bucks for a new one

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Davidvaini » Fri May 16, 2008 9:40 pm

ilovetoblowthingsup wrote:Davidvinai- you live in Wisconsin!?!?!?! Why didn't you say so!? What part of wisconsin?

David and STHORNE- do you know of any places that dispose of 5 lb CO2 tanks? I'd ideally like to get one for free instead of shelling out 50 bucks for a new one

Eau Claire, unfortunately I do not know of any at the moment. but I did make a sweet discover... I went around to different bike shops, car tire replacement places and auto stores and asked for a bunch of shreader valves and they gave a bunch of them to me for free... I went to midas and asked for some and he came out with 30 of them in his hand.

Davidvaini
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:48 pm

oh you're way up there, i live in germantown, north of milwaukee.

yea i dunno, i saw a subway once with a couple of them being used to hold a door open, maybe i'll go make some rounds of restaurants and find out

JDP12
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion