Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Copper BB Gun Ideas/Help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Copper BB Gun Ideas/Help

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Thu May 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Hello fellow spudders. I am almost finished with my new marble sniper rifle, and want to start drawing a design that involves copper and can fire multiple BBs on one tank of compressed air. I have thought of just building a separate barrel for my cannon that is almost finished. my only concern is that there might be too much air flow constriction. I may not have to worry about this if I can modify my gun/valve to realease of less air, to let me fire off continuous shots. If you have any ideas, please share

Last edited by Darkside 6ix on Fri May 23, 2008 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Dude, if all of the people on spudfiles got together with all of their cannons, we could take over china"
Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Thu May 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Or I could just build an entire new cannon within my budget. as of now i am under probation for something i didnt do, so i wont be able to buy anything yet. but that doest mean i cant draw out plans = ]

"Dude, if all of the people on spudfiles got together with all of their cannons, we could take over china"
Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Thu May 22, 2008 11:41 pm

I've desgined a super accurate powerful copper semi-auto bb gun right now

I've got the parts, but yet to build
I'm still deciding between a blowgun as a trigger, or a pressure washer handle...

OuchProgramme
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: starman » Thu May 22, 2008 11:54 pm

pvcpsyco wrote:Or I could just build an entire new cannon within my budget. as of now i am under probation for something i didnt do, so i wont be able to buy anything yet. but that doest mean i cant draw out plans = ]

Spare us the all the kid angst please.... :roll:

Could you better gather your thoughts about exactly what you are trying to communicate in your first post. You rambled pretty badly there. I read it again and I'm still not sure what your main point of the post was.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Fri May 23, 2008 12:03 am

sorry, but i am trying to design a semi auto BB gun. i was also asking if it would be possible to modify a sprinkler valve to be semi auto. that way i can incoperate that into my gun that i am curremtly building.
@ OuchProgramme please share.

BTW im not lying about the probation. I am guilty by association. so i guess i DID do SOMETHING...

Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: daxspudder » Fri May 23, 2008 12:04 am

Um, do you want to shoot marbles or BBs?

Hello fellow spudders. I am almost finished with my new marble sniper rifle, and want to start drawing a design that involves copper and can fire multiple BBs on one tank of compressed air. I have thought of just building a separate barrel for my cannon that is almost finished. my only concern is that there might be too much air flow constriction. I may not have to worry about this if I can modify my gun/valve to realease of less air, to let me fire off continuous shots.

Please clarify... Thank you.

EDIT: sorry, you beat me to it. GL with the probation, Hope your firing doesnt get you in anymore trouble...

EDIT EDIT: sorry needed .03 more spudbux to get a sig... so I had to post a little more, sorry to clutter your post...

daxspudder
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Fri May 23, 2008 12:10 am

lol it wasnt the shooting of my gun that got me in trouble, my friend stole parts from a school computer and since i was there and didnt say anything about it, i got in trouble =(

Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Fri May 23, 2008 12:22 am

pvcpsyco wrote:@ OuchProgramme please share.

Do you mind waiting..maybe 3 weeks? Haha maybe do something else
I gotta finish and study for finals, i'll finish up the bb gun, post it and give you full plans if you still need em

OuchProgramme
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: daxspudder » Fri May 23, 2008 12:26 am

That would be called dereliction, pretty much its failure to do whats right. Im military, we have a "law" strictly against it in the UCMJ, so I feel for you, that sh|t sucks.

"<I>For dare to be peace, I have to keep at it everyday, da Man doesn't take days off so neither can I</I>" -<B>Bob Marley</B>, day before a performance, a day after being shot in the chest. "<I>If you are the big, big tree, we are the small axe, ready to cut you down!</I>" -Bob again :brave:
daxspudder
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Darkside 6ix » Fri May 23, 2008 12:42 am

thanks. But do you guys think it would be possible to mount a BB barrel onto a 1" sprinkler valve? Im scared that there wilj be too much flow constriction...

Darkside 6ix
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: OuchProgramme » Fri May 23, 2008 1:27 am

pvcpsyco wrote:thanks. But do you guys think it would be possible to mount a BB barrel onto a 1" sprinkler valve? Im scared that there wilj be too much flow constriction...

Well unless you had some sort of a receding cone...

OuchProgramme
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Fri May 23, 2008 1:51 am

pvcpsyco wrote:thanks. But do you guys think it would be possible to mount a BB barrel onto a 1" sprinkler valve? Im scared that there wilj be too much flow constriction...

The "Thunderpup" has one barrel that is .25 ID it's bolted with rubber washers, metal washers and a nut on each side through a brass garden hose cap I drilled a hole in.
The hose cap threads onto the sprinkler valve. But with a different valve the barrel could be attached to an end cap the same way.

So anyway it's 1/4" x 47" barrel so when the valve opens it's pretty quiet but still (as) fast.
I don't have any .177 barrels right now so I can't test whether that would be too small.

If the smaller barrel caused valve opening problems a larger pipe could be used for a short distance between the .177 barrel and the valve.

In the past I saw a cannon posted where the sprinkler valve was triggered electrically. It had a blow gun barrel (.40) and if I remember correct it got about 3 shots per chamber fill somehow.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/new-thunderpup-t14543.html

Edit: BTW, with smaller diameter and sprinkler valve pressures, don't expect super velocity.for that Higher pressure is needed rather than volume. Unless you want an airsoft thing. The smaller barrel is more impressive for heavier stuff like pistol crossbow bolts with the fins cut off or longer projectiles.

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion