Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

electronic firing help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
electronic firing help

Unread postAuthor: coldsmoke308 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:58 am

i was wondering if anybody could help me with this project. i've searched the forums but couldn't find the info i needed. i want to build a replica AT-4 or bazooka type weapon for milsim paintball. now i have the sketches and designs all made out but the problem i have is the firing mechanism. what i want is to be able to have an battery powered firing mech where all i have to do is aim and push a button just like an AT-4. no trigger or blowgun or ball valve. any info or detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

coldsmoke308

coldsmoke308
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:13 am

Seeing as you are using it for paintball, I assume massive amounts of power arn't your main concern. Bearing this in mind, have you considered using an unmodded sprinkler valve?

Basically, a sprinkler valve consists of the main valve mechanism, and a smaller, electrically operated solenoid valve to pilot it. Seeing as most people want as much power as possible, they remove the small solenioid, and put a blowgun or ball valve in its place, increasing the power of the gun. Because you arn't trying to blow massive big holes in stuff, you could leave the valve un-modified, and the little electric pilot valve should provide ample power.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:14 am

If it's for milsim, you don't need much in the way of power so a combustion will do just fine, have a look at this one ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: grumpy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:55 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:If it's for milsim, you don't need much in the way of power so a combustion will do just fine, have a look at this one ;)

although that is a very cool cannon the use of combustions or exlosives is not allowed in paintball, and would not pass inspection.

coldsmoke, what i would suggest is using a sprinkler valve as already suggested and an aircraft switch such as in the link, the cover acts as sort of safety so it won't fire if the switch gets bumped accidently.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDeta ... Code=3063C

grumpy
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:22 pm

although that is a very cool cannon the use of combustions or exlosives is not allowed in paintball, and would not pass inspection.

So since they dont allow comustion on feilds they cant allow a combustion marker made by one of the most respected brands in the paintball industry. The C-3 pump action propane marker.http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/markerDetails.aspx?categoryid=4

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: iisthemuffin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 pm

maniac is ive seen that before...some guy at my field was tlaking about that last time i went...but is it just propane powed like co2? or does the propane actually combust?

iisthemuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: socoj2 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 pm

Maniac wrote:

So since they dont allow comustion on feilds they cant allow a combustion marker made by one of the most respected brands in the paintball industry. The C-3 pump action propane marker.http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/markerDetails.aspx?categoryid=4

Indeed banned at most fields.

Just use an Solenoid to Pilot what ever valve you use.

Mac sells 12v Solenoids you can run off 2x 9Volts

socoj2
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:35 pm

iisthemuffin wrote:maniac is ive seen that before...some guy at my field was tlaking about that last time i went...but is it just propane powed like co2? or does the propane actually combust?

actually combusts

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: ajb12345 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:31 pm

yah either use a sprinkler vale, or make a coaxil with a piston whitch you then pilot with an unmodded sprinkler valve. hope this helps

ajb12345
Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion