Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 40 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

post troubleshooting valve questions

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
post troubleshooting valve questions

Unread postAuthor: airsofter135 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:15 pm

ok i just modded my orbit 3/4" sprinkler valve and construction went without problems and through a compilation of several instructions and tips form different people, the valve is complete. to see if would work i made a seal with my mouth around the intake and blew abit. I heard some hissing coming out of the barrel side. i went through the valve trouble shooting guide by noname and and washed my diaphram and the problem still exists. could it be that I need a stronger spring because when i press down on the part in the middle of the diaphram (not sure the actual name :) ) the leak stops.
Can any body help me out? I think if i knew how the valve actually worked i could understand how to better adress the problem. Any sites with a good diagram of the valve?

airsofter135
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: rp181 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Diaphragm's dont work at such low pressures. Use higher pressure and it should not leak. Your mouth is 2psi max, so not enough. You also cant fill to slowly.

rp181
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion