Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

rocket bottle launcher

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: nickz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:21 am

I made a cannon with a 1/2" PVC barrel and it will shoot bottles about 60 feet at 30 psi.

Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: 808AirsoftGunner » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:15 am

Spitfire wrote:mythbusters made a quick release with cable ties, an pvc pipe. will try to get the link

well here you go i beat you but its not from mythbusters

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:15 am

I used to make water rockets and posted some info a while back. These work pretty damn well and it is a very very very portable launcher.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: WEEMAN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:28 pm

k i made it and its awesome!!! :lol:
basically i found some old cork and drilled a hole big enough for an extensoin for the needle on a tire pump(will try fathers air compressor)
and then i hot glued it "airtight" if u will.........then i mounted it on the back of a pvc pipe(i thinks its 3inch across by 3 feet long??)and taped that part in place, but i think the best part is how it loads its a breech loader,i cut out a section big enough for the bottle and attached a door hinge.it takes a good 30 pumps befroe shooting i get wet a little but i will fix that!
i will post some pics soon

Private First Class
Private First Class

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion