Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 59 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Canadians, where do you get your parts from?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Canadians, where do you get your parts from?

Unread postAuthor: Leonard » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Hello everyone! Just a quick question i could not answer from a lot of research on the internet and on the forum.

Everyone here talks about McMaster Carr, wich i visited numerous times and found out that is it a wonderful site to get pneumatic launcher materials BUT :

They do not ship to Canada...

Is there any other site that could be compared to McMaster that ship their products to Canada? As some of you might know, it is impossible to find pressure rated tubing in most places in Canada. Sure we have copper, but it is terribly expensive in large size...

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Leonard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 pm

Is there any other site that could be compared to McMaster that ship their products to Canada?

Nothing can compare to McMaster-Carr. It's where I get most of my rare spudding supplies, but the extra shipping costs and hassle for the "McMaster - Georgia - Muskoka - me" route can be annoying.

If you live in southern Ontario, Howell Pipe is your best bet. They have more plumbing and pipefitting supplies than McMaster-Carr by far, but they don't actually ship things, as far as I'm aware - you have to show up at one of their locations to pick up whatever you bought.

What exactly are you looking for? The welding shop in my town can order all sorts of tube, including the seamless 2" steel tube rated for 2500 psi that I'm using on my current project. Welding shops often have old scraps of pipe lying around that can be very useful. The one I go to has 4" SCH 40, 4" SCH 80, and 8" SCH 40 just sitting around rusting. They ordered 40' of 14" SCH 40 for someone, so they really do have good connections. No fittings from them, but a good welder can make perfectly useable and reasonably safe fittings with just pipe nipples, couplings, and steel plate.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: n-strike » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Which province do you live in?

What a waste of 300 spud bux.
n-strike
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 am

http://www.fastenal.com/

http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.c ... N&INF=home

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/msc-st ... Code=63130

For those really challenging to find items,

http://www.cossd.com/

Use the search bar. :wink:

Most places will at least "hold for pickup" so that you can arrange for shipping. Others, will arrange for shipping if you ask.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Leonard » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:05 pm

I live in Quebec! French frog reporting in...

More precisly i am looking for brass treaded pipes and fittings for a c02 launcher. 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch. Pressure washer handle, specific springs, low viscosity epoxy and QEV. And probably a few more things for my next projects.

I could post the plans of what im working on, it's realy nothing special but if it could help i would be glad to share it.

And thanks for the input guys!

Leonard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Pressure washer handle, some springs, should be fibreglass resin as well @ princess auto

QEV's @ fastenal

If you must have epoxy, try hobby shops that cater to model aircraft or use marine epoxy.

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Leonard » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you all, i'll look up those sites and start working!

Leonard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion