Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 41 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

cant find a part

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
cant find a part

Unread postAuthor: daxspudder » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 am

Does anyone know where, or if, a quick connect (male) with a check valve exists(backflow prevention like the female connections have), and where it can be found? I want to build a new chamber for my pneumatic, and i want to be able to quick connect to it, and remove the connection while the gun remains charged, I can always just leave my compressor connected, but I just want to leave portability an option... thoughts/suggestions?

"<I>For dare to be peace, I have to keep at it everyday, da Man doesn't take days off so neither can I</I>" -<B>Bob Marley</B>, day before a performance, a day after being shot in the chest. "<I>If you are the big, big tree, we are the small axe, ready to cut you down!</I>" -Bob again :brave:
daxspudder
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: jook13 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 am

put a ball valve between the male quick connect and the chamber? I havent seen any connects that you speak of.

I like to play blackjack. I'm not addicted to gambling, I'm addicted to sitting in a semi-circle.
jook13
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:34 am

its called just buying a 1/4" check valve

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:24 am

Mcmaster has quick connects that have built in check valves. I would strongly advice not to connect you chamber in this way because of the extreme flow restriction.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:12 pm

All hydraulic quick connects I've worked with have a built-in check valve (just a spring loaded ball) on both male and female sides.

If you want high flow, don't use quick connects at all, use something more like a cam lock. High flow and ease of connection don't go together in the world of common plumbing parts.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion