Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Cant belive Im asking this, kind of question

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Cant belive Im asking this, kind of question

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:05 pm

You guys are going to hate me for this but its the classic sprinkler valve question. Ok I have moded four sprinkler valves so far so dont think that I dont know what I am doing. Iv been fiddling with the valve and searching spudfiles for an answer for around two days now and I still have not found my answer. my problem is my diaphragm will just bleed air out of the valve when I pump it up, I am using a floor pump but my chamber is not that big so I know that it is seating fast enough when it does. I have no known leaks that would be piloting it, so whats the deal. The only thing I can think of is to coat the diaphragm with white litium grease. I have gotten the cannon to fire three times before though once I even left the spring out and it fired. Here come the goodies guys picture time!!!

Attachments
101_0176.JPG
101_0171.JPG
101_0178.JPG
101_0183.JPG
101_0175.JPG
101_0181.JPG
Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Hydra » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:32 pm

there are heaps of topics like this, seriously. I dont think u searched right lol./
If you are COMPLETELY SURE that the diaphragm is leaking, you might have to buy a new one. Remember to seal the little tube in the output, i forgot and my cannon leaked for like a week until i finally found out.

Last edited by Hydra on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hydra
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: jr » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:34 pm

so you have fired this cannon so you know that you did it right! I was told that you are to remove the little white thing in the diapram, so that the pilot will fill faster.

Try that and see if it helps!

My armadillo don't like me trousers
jr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: brplatz » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

make sure your blow gun doesn't leak where it connects to the sprinkler valve top. mine leaked barely and my diaphragm would never seal.

brplatz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: rednecktatertosser » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:12 pm

before you go buy a new one, if you see the little oval shaped filter looking thing, pull that out of the diaphragm, and then it will equalize quicker, my friend had this same problem on one of his modded valves, then I pulled that for him, and it worked like a charm!

"When you tell some body something, it depends on which part of these United States your standing in, as to how dumb you sound."
-Burt Reynolds as: Bo "Bandit" Darville
rednecktatertosser
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Rokmonkey » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:33 pm

I had the same problem. I turned my valve around...

Rokmonkey
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:36 pm

I had the exact same problem and had to make a similar post about it. You might be lucky, because the answer was never given to me, I had to find it buried in an old topic. Remove the white perforated thingy on the phram. That fixed mine. I know others have said it, but I want to make sure you try.

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Maniac » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks guys, I think I will try tater tossers first because I had ripped that out of another valve on accident and thought it was a bad thing so I popped it back in. Ill try pizlos next and which thing are you talking about too pizlo the white thing in the first pic or the last>

Coodude26 wrote:
People who laugh really hard at stuff that pisses you off/you getting hurt, who then say "I'm sorry, I can't stop" but you know they easily could.

Mr.C: That's not as easy as you think. It's like me kicking you in the balls and telling you to stop crying.
Maniac
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:13 pm

First pic, best of luck!

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion