Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

A Working Reciporicating Piston!

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
A Working Reciporicating Piston!

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:56 am

im not sure if this should go in the BB/airsoft/pellet section or not, but whatever, if it needs to be moved i hopethat it will.

anyway, i was looking through my piles of junk and i remembered i still had one of the piston thingies from a NERF gun. upon further investigation i found that, actually, the little piston thing had been cut up so i could see inside.

so a little superglue and E-tape later, and i had myself a working reciporicating piston!!!

(because of the design of this mechanism, even if i raised the pressure tenfold it would just increase ROF, not power. the spring force holding the valve closed is the variable that controls power.....)

i might be making a project with this...... but i will most likely attempt construction of my own. either that or just build a hammer valve.....

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Sticky_Tape » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 am

I am guessing this is just a hammer valve thingy I have thought about making one of those but never did cool find.

You can tell how awesome a cannon is by the pressure used.
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/high-pr ... 12803.html
xnt rnm ne z ahtbg
Sticky_Tape
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:41 am

So you just took the valve that used to be in one of the auto nerf guns and hooked up some compressed air.... I have a busted up full auto nerf in my basement and nothing to do today... Thanks fort the idea!

pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:12 pm

i think youll find the auto nerf thing doesnt really give out much power.

however, it works great for loading, then firing, because it moves foward a few inches before relasing air.

if you want more power out of it, however, your going to need to increase the spring srength holding the valve in the rearward position. this also increases pressure inside the autovalve itself, wich in turn creates a possibility of "chatostrophic failure".

give it a shot though, i once made an auto airsoft gun out of one of these, complete with hop-up and hicap magazine. i should have posted it...... oh well.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Eddbot » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:50 am

that looks like a toilet paper rod/springy/thing... you know what i mean, but that gives me an idea that i should test

:edfirst:
Eddbot
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: ghostman01 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:44 am

same as what ant did

Ultimateforum
I have 27 different kinds of weapons in my home, do not attempt to trespass........!
ghostman01
Major
Major

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion