Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

how do i make ball amo?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Commonly referred to as "drop shot" for obvious reasons. :wink:

It is fairly round, but not "perfectly" round. Probably good enough for a basic spuddy though.

Hornady makes round ball by swaging (I believe "O" buck and larger). This produces truly spherical ammunition.

Why do you want ball ammo anyway? A simple slug mould could be drilled into a piece of flat bar.

Not fancy, but far easier than round ball. 8)

@ Mark, cope and drag are the two mould halves. Sprue and parting line are the other terms. :)

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: hi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 pm

cabela's has .50 cal lead molds for about $20. i have one, but havent used it yet. im sure it would work with .5'' pipe.

edit- type in "lee bullet mold".

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion