Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

burst disc trigger

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: bucketman717 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:09 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:
newbmatic wrote:You could also have a sharpened barrel which was fixed. Then you could use something to push the cartridge's burst disk against the back part of the barrel making it rupture.

How about having the barrel push back?

Both idea's are good, but I want the barrel to be larger than the burst disk cartridge.

Newbmatic, I'm not sure of how tightly the cartridge will fit into the shell, so moving that may be problematic.

John, I like the idea but i don't think I could use it on a gun this size. It's 27 inches from front to back and the barrel itself is 8 inches.

I'll keep the idea's in mind while testing to see if either would work well with the design.

Also, if anybody has idea's for rotating the shells, I'd like to hear.

bucketman717
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:14 pm

ok i have the otating device idea: Did you ever notice your vacume cleaner has this button and when you push it it pulls the cable back in? Well try to either build or get one of those things. I cant be bothered to explain it right now, but if you are interested ill do it. Pretty much the ide is you turn the thing one way(like those toy cars where you turn turn turn and then it drives) cocking the gun then everytime you whant to turn it you jsut push a botton an d it turn( You will have to check if you could make it turn at a slow speed)...and tada

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: bucketman717 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks John, I 'll do some searching to see if I can build or find something like that. It's very simlar to the way tape measure is pulled back into the casing. Thanks.

bucketman717
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Your welcome, tell me if i can help some way

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion