Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 59 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Smooth bore or Rifled

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Solar » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:22 am

I just found an 8mm rifled long barrel from a Czech gun that has a threaded receiver end. If I get the chance I will try it out attached to the eclipse.

On a more interesting note, I have a client that is getting a couple of my 40mm barrels rifled. He is trying to get me to pursue that concept over the one of a finned projectile. We will be conducting some tests soon I am sure, so I will post results then. I will post the details of the rifling as soon as I get them.

Solar
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 am

Solar wrote:I just found an 8mm rifled long barrel from a Czech gun that has a threaded receiver end. If I get the chance I will try it out attached to the eclipse.

This would be a great boost to the versatility of the Eclipse, think along the lines of this conversion of the RAP4 paintball gun. It would be relatively simple to provide barrel and magazine inserts allowing it to shoot practically any calibre under the original chambering.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion