Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Gippeto, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Help with my Cannon

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Help with my Cannon

Unread postAuthor: KyleWoodall » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:57 pm

I have a double chambered cannon with a 1.5" sprinkler valve. I modded the sprinkler vavle with about 18" of SS tubing going to a blow gun. We started firing at low pressures(20-40 psi). I was super stoked about the performance. It was doing really good. After I asertaind it was not going to explode in to PVC shards, I stepped it up to 90 psi. The full beer that I was trying to launch out of the barrel only went a few feet. I tried again with the same results. I filled it to 45 psi and it went back to kicking ass. At anything over 50 psi you get a lame shot and a loud honking. My only guess at what could be wrong is that the fittings I am using to hook my blowdown gun to my tubing is restricting my airflow to much. Any thoughts? And I did use the search feature(before anyone gets it my ass) and I did not find anything.

Thanks,

Kyle

KyleWoodall
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:15 pm

My guess would be the 18" long length of hose. Either stick a 1/2" ball valve on the end instead of a blow gun, or cut the hose back, i'm not sure how much you'll have to cut though.

Try directly mounting the blow gun in the sprinkler valve, see if the honk goes away.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/sprinkl ... t8780.html

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Are you using the sprinkler valve as the main valve? Or as a piloting valve?

Have you taken the sprinkler valve apart and inspected it for flaws?

From the things I've read about honking valves, there is still air escaping the storage chambers causing the diaphram to flutter making the 'honk' sound.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion