Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

QEV~ 22 stock

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
QEV~ 22 stock

Unread postAuthor: jakob » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:15 am

I have a old 22 stock and want to turn it into a rifle that can shoot .22 air rifle pellets . I understand how to use the modded sprinkler valve but it would wreak the looks of the gun . could any one post a parts list for a small qev . :roll:

jakob
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:25 am

Parts list? All you need is this and a blowgun ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: pocket » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:27 am

JSR i read the other day that small QEV's are bad on the grounds of them accidentally auto piloting if they are shook, dropped, getting filled improperly... ect. can you clear this up for me thanks.

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:38 am

pocket wrote:small QEV's are bad on the grounds of them accidentally auto piloting if they are shook, dropped, getting filled improperly.

This doesn't seem to make sense at all, where did you come across this information?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:01 am

If you build your own QEV you will find the preformance might not be a sgood, But astetics will thank you with all their heart.

Try using a 1/2in brass tee piston valve. Its small, But it should take riddiculous pressure and its small enough that one could Simply build an outer covering for it and not even know it was there.

Also, If you dont mind Breech loading, You can always make a stick-like coaxial and use that. I did this for a .177 cal gun and it looked SWEET. Not to mention mounting it was as simple as some superglue and a trigger that would depress the firing valve.

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 am

pocket wrote:can you clear this up for me thanks.

No they certainly aren't. The internal forces in a QEV holding it shut are far greater than any external forces you can exert on it by shaking it.

It's also very hard to fill them wrong. Add pressure from the back - it's not easy to mess up.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: pocket » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:08 pm

from what i was reading was there was an incedents were these kids were filling up a 1/4 QEV tater tosser and from a slight change in the air pressure the gun piloted and launched the projectile into the neighbors window breaking a TV.

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:14 pm

pocket wrote:from what i was reading was there was an incedents were these kids were filling up a 1/4 QEV tater tosser and from a slight change in the air pressure the gun piloted and launched the projectile into the neighbors window breaking a TV.

Complete and utter male bovine excrement. The kids probably thought up that crap to get out of trouble.

Only thing that will trigger a QEV cannon, short of a total failure of the valve, which just doesn't happen, is actually venting air out of the pilot volume.
Well. I suppose you could pressurize the output port on the QEV as well, but no cannon has ever been designed like that, and there's no reason to.

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Daltonultra » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 am

Actually, I ran into that last night while filling my gun for pressure testing.
The air chuck I used came off the schrader, which of course closed, but when I tried to put the chuck back on, the micro-second between the schrader's valve tip being depressed and the seal inside the chuck sealing the connection, it released enough air pressure to pilot the QEV. That's why I have a small check valve on order. With that between the schrader and the QEV, reattaching the air hose can't pilot the QEV.

Daltonultra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jook13 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:35 am

I have had an issue once with my qev actuating when I disconnect my air supply from the schrader. I have since made a rule to my self of never loading the ammo before filling... luckily my dads garage door, and ceiling, and roof were the only casualties.

I bet that is what those kids ran into. They loaded the ammo, then filled and it fired when they disconnected and it actuated.

I like to play blackjack. I'm not addicted to gambling, I'm addicted to sitting in a semi-circle.
jook13
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion