Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

QEV Hammer Valve?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
QEV Hammer Valve?

Unread postAuthor: Zippster » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:52 am

I've seen Brian's repeaters and hammer-valved QEV's and me likey, so I know that this has been done before. I have in my posession a 3/4" diaphragm QEV I got off of McMaster for $26 shipped, and have just now begun to actually use this thing. Presently in a test rig I have a 1/2" check valve acting as a ghetto hammer valve with an impractically huge force required to fire which is easily the strongest valve I've owned thus far, save the fact that its a tad cumbersome to carry an actual hammer to hit the dang thing around and not quite ergonomical. Thus I ask of you, O wise grandmasters of the spudding world, where does one obtain such a hammer valve which can effectively pilot a diaphragm QEV without 50 some-odd pounds of force and reseal without leaking my entire air supply? I've tried to Google it but all I ever get is ValveHammer Source Engine modding tool. I leave town in two weeks so I wanna order something soon, and I do need more things to shove on my Christmas list.

In layman's, non-English-class to-the-point language, where do I get the hammer valve so I can copy you, Brian?

Proud to be the only kid on my robotics team with pneumatics experience.
Zippster
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:26 am

He made it out of some sort of poppet valve, but you could build your own with a cap, a bolt, a spring and an o-ring.

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion