Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Unfinished PB Sniper(Need Opinions)

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unfinished PB Sniper(Need Opinions)

Unread postAuthor: Mateo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:22 pm

this is my first major project. from tip to valve its 4 1/2 ft long. barrel is 3/4th in. valve is modded sprinkler. trigger is rigged blow gun.

chamber = not yet sure. i was thinkin if i could somehow rig it to run on unregged co2. or just compressed air in a tank. but how could i do that so i dont have to pump it up every time. and this is designed to not move. so weight isnt a big problem. is co2 safe to run with pvc if i have a valve to monitor the amount of co2 in the chamber?

any questions just ask.

full view. the trigger is not actually attached like that

Closer up. trigger still not attached

bolt closed. hole is almost strictly for paintballs at this point. nothin very long

open. the gray pushes paintball up into the barrel when bolt is closed

Mateo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: FishBoy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

NO, do not run it on unregged CO2, you can use Co2 however, but you must purchase a regulator. Yes, you can use an air compressor, you just need to be aware or the guns limits, if the pvc is all pressure rated and properly fitted and connected, 120 psi should be a good limit.

"You polish a turd, it's still a turd"

Remember DYI!!!
FishBoy
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: sputnick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 pm

That looks pretty good, if it is meant as a sniper, i would add a stock (maybe doubling as an airtank?) and hook it up to a co2 tanks with a 100 psi regulator. this would give you several shots depending on the size of the airtank, (i would suggest about 20 oz) just 1 1/2 pvc with a 90 degree elbow.

Then add a silencer, a good silencer will make any gun look legit, and even if you make it out of a pop bottle, will make it 3 times cooler.

Overall, not much to make this gun really sweet, i look forward to seeing it finished! :D

sputnick
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Mateo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:35 pm

yea its no where near done. my silencer is in the garage i just havnt put it on. i havnt added a stock yet because i wasnt sure how big to make it depending on what kind of air source id use. a bipod is in the process of being made. and flat black paint with a touch of dark green and brown is on the way :)

where can i get a co2 regulator? and i was thinkin a 20oz in a pack

Mateo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: sputnick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:41 pm

oooooooh sounds great, i cant wait to see it! looks like its going to be a very decent gun. if you want to use it for paintball, i would half the chamber size and the pressure. and then you would be SET. you would get so many more shots, and wouldnt kill the guy!

Be sure to email or pm me when you get some more shots! i will be looking forward to them!

sputnick
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion