Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

check valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
check valve

Unread postAuthor: jitup » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 am

Hello,
I was wondering if a check valve is needed after the valve stem of my piston cannon to keep it from triggering when I remove the filler.
originally I was going to use a ballvalve but I would much rather use a check valve of it is needed.

Also if a check valve is needed can some one shoot me a good link or explane how to make one? it needs to be able to connect to 3/4 pvc.

Thank you

BTW this will be the last post asking about stuff before I upload my 3" piston cannon!!! :D

if you live in Ohio join the Ohio Spud Gun and BBMG Association at http://www.ohiosga.webs.com
jitup
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 am

It depends on the size of your pilot chamber and how tight a fit the piston is, but generally (and we're talking 3" here :D) you won't need a check valve if you remove the filling connection quickly enough.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jitup » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:57 am

Ok, that is good!
one other question. How are diaphram valves size determined? is it by the actual size of the diaphram, or by the size of the outlet pipe?

if you live in Ohio join the Ohio Spud Gun and BBMG Association at http://www.ohiosga.webs.com
jitup
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:24 pm

As far as I know it's a measure of the size of piping they're meant to be connected to. A 3/4" sprinkler valve for example has a diaphragm several inches across.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:40 pm

jitup wrote:Ok, that is good!
one other question. How are diaphram valves size determined? is it by the actual size of the diaphram, or by the size of the outlet pipe?

Well pistons can be determined in size by the porting or the housing.

Generally most people use the housing diameter, because that gives us a better representation of the size of the piston. Though some people say both, i.e 3" piston housing with a 1.5" porting.

With diaphragm valves you probably can do the same, but the size of the diaphragm isn't as important, because diaphragms are far easier to make then a piston, you can just cut a sheet of rubber to any size you want.

MrCrowley

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion