Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 54 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: WyldOne » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 am

inonickname wrote:
WyldOne wrote:G'day guys,

My father got me a ball valve. I know its not a QEV valve but i'll still use it and see what I can make.

The ball valve performance will become boring. Springload it or actuate it with a ram or servo for better performance.

Any chnace of seeing some photos mate?

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:07 am

I personally think too much is made of performance.

When you get right down to it, accuracy is terrible and the higher the performance the greater the weight.

Realistic ranges are a few tens of metres unless you're aiming for a lake, a field or a barn door.

I never did take a picture of my cute little ball valve cannon but it looked a bit like this one: clickety

Basically two 90 degree turns for a grip shape, a barrel after the ball valve and a chamber at the other end with a fill valve attached somehow.

Amazing how much fun a 30cm chamber, 30cm barrel, 15mm copper pipe based ball valve cannon is after you've been spending four times as long to load, pressurise and fire a cannon that weighs five times as much.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion