Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 57 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Getting ready to build a modular cannon, non-coax/coax...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:00 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Looking good, just make sure everything's aligned and you'll be fine :)

the sealing face will actually seal against the bushing, I'm using an internally threaded(2") bushing to reduce dead space between chamber and camlock... Remember, this one will have interchangeable barrels... :D

jeepkahn
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 pm

I know someones gonna kick me in the teeth for double posting, but this is an update...

Got this one done(just a 1.5" barrel for now), gonna get the rest of the male camlocks and other sizes of barrels tonite, only problem is need a slightly faster pilot, shoots great but there's a slight pause as the pilot bleeds out, just using a garden sprayer rated at 150psi for now(works great on 2" chambers but is a hair slow on 4" chambers, might be able to mod it for faster flow) the pilot volume is about as small as it can get and the pilot end "piston" seal is 100% seal on piloting and 1.5psi blow by on filling, I'm using a spring to force the "piston" forward to seall the barrel ( do I have to tell you where I got that idea?)so that even with my el cheapo cig lighter compressor It will fill and seal( just takes foooorrrrreeevvveeerrr).

I'll come in to work early tomorow and post pics of this and the finished GB gun... Maybe do a spread of my launchers all in one topic...

jeepkahn
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion