Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

130g CO2 cartridge question...

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
130g CO2 cartridge question...

Unread postAuthor: daxspudder » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:09 pm

So by luck, I came into possession of several 130g CO2 cartridges. My question is simply if anyone knows what volume a 4500psi 130g cartridge will bleed off into and create only 200-350psi... I have a pneumatic rifle which has its own <=350psi to 5-125psi regulator which runs through a hose to a backpack... I will be building a new chamber with the above volume in question, which I can hopefully put one of my cartridges in( they have 1/8" threads which fit to my thread reducers I use for schrader valves) so that I can have a portable renewable power source for the chambers in the pack... other than a bike pump...Thanks, The Dax

"<I>For dare to be peace, I have to keep at it everyday, da Man doesn't take days off so neither can I</I>" -<B>Bob Marley</B>, day before a performance, a day after being shot in the chest. "<I>If you are the big, big tree, we are the small axe, ready to cut you down!</I>" -Bob again :brave:
daxspudder
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: brplatz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 pm

"Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives...the trick is, not to be around when they go off" Col. Mertz Von Quiriheim
brplatz
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:49 am

If it's CO2, it won't be at 4500psi. (Let's hope!) :)

There is a handy little chart that will help you figure such things here; (Not to mention the entire thread.)

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/how-muc ... t7133.html

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion