Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

BBMG Parts? Regulator?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
BBMG Parts? Regulator?

Unread postAuthor: spudnutbutthut » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:39 pm

I want to make the simplest BBMG I can I was wondering If I could make it run on propane and what hoses and adaptors or whatever I would need to connect it to the vortex tank + barrel.

spudnutbutthut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: sputnick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:59 pm

you can use the muzzle propane to make a torch, then send melted bb's at people!

Just kidding, don't do that.

whats wrong with a braided hose hose clamped to the fittings?

Add me on MSN to chat about whatever!
sputnick
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Propane won't work well in a bbmg. Someone had the same problem with using it on a sprinkler valve, it didn't provide enough pressure to seal the diaphragm.. It's due to evaporation rate and cooling etc.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jonnyboy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 pm

inonickname wrote:Propane won't work well in a bbmg. Someone had the same problem with using it on a sprinkler valve, it didn't provide enough pressure to seal the diaphragm.. It's due to evaporation rate and cooling etc.
Links please? Airsoft guns use green gas which is, wait for it, propane. I think chaos has used propane in is s4000 or whatever it is.

propane wouldn't exactly be my first choice as it's expensive and with a bbmg you'll use a lot and it smells bad.

mobile chernobyl wrote:I can shoot a Canuter Valve off my '82 Chevy Ram F150 AT LEAST 3/4 Mile with 'ma cannon made of soup cans duct taped together, then I just squirt some bacardi 151 in the chamber and hold up my cigarrete lighta and WHOOSH! That thing flies at least 3/4 mile
jonnyboy
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:33 pm

I can't find it, but they found the propane didn't evaporate quick enough to fill the chamber to the 5 psi needed to seal the valve.

I guess it could work, but it's slightly dangerous and stinks (propane in enclosed space = bad) or you could light it as it exhausts...but thats a little useless.. then you just get carbon monoxide/dioxide instead of propane.

you could try it, but good 'ol compressed air is probably best.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:52 am

i used propane in a 2" piston with sprinkler and it worked fine if thats any help.

propane is about 80psi at aussie temps worked fine for me.

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 am

This was a sprinkler valve, so it wasn't filled from the pilot which may have been the problem. By all means try it, but outdoors/good ventilation and away from flames..

inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: spudnutbutthut » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 pm

Okay, Ill try it but what parts do I need to make it? All I know is that I have to have air go in the hopper and the bbs go out the barrel :(

What hoses, blowgun connectors or anything else will i need to hook up the propane to the tank and make the gun work and btw how much to co2 tanks cost and if you could give me links to all the parts needed GOD BLESS YOU!!!

spudnutbutthut
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:19 pm

spudnutbutthut wrote:Okay, Ill try it but what parts do I need to make it? All I know is that I have to have air go in the hopper and the bbs go out the barrel :(

What hoses, blowgun connectors or anything else will i need to hook up the propane to the tank and make the gun work and btw how much to co2 tanks cost and if you could give me links to all the parts needed GOD BLESS YOU!!!

We will not spoonfeed you. Go do the research, we don't hand out plans or lists on how to build any sort of cannon. Ask again and I will lock the topic. If you have a problem with this, then this is not the site for you.

Do the research and then we will help you with any further questions you may have...as long as they are reasonable and not like the above quoted post.

MrCrowley

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion