Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 45 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Modifying the Orbit Jar Top Sprinkler Valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Modifying the Orbit Jar Top Sprinkler Valve

Unread postAuthor: jacox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:34 am

Hello all.
Just started learning about pneumatic guns and trying to understand how they work.
So I decided i'd build my first gun and use this tutorial to do it: http://www.instructables.com/id/A-15mm-Beginner--Intermediate-Pneumatic-Sniper-Ri/
I've purchased all the PVC (Pressure Rated of course ;), and I have also purchased the Orbit Jar Top Sprinkler Valve.
This particular model has a guide rod, and looking at this tutorial http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=305, the valve he is using doesn't!

Been trying to find a tutorial that applies to the Jay Top.
The amount of information is overwhelming for someone just trying to grasp the concept.
So please, can someone help me out?

jacox
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Biopyro » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:51 am

P: Your sprinkler valve has a guide rod and you don't know where to mod it from.
A: You can usually put the brass fitting into the valve next to the guide rod. A few members have modified the valve where the guide rod is, and have bent the guide rod so the diaphragm doesn't fly off.

From the FAQ. When you use the search function, make sure to check (include all search terms in each result" or whatever it is.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Biopyro
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 am

It's the same, except you just tap into the side, away from the guide rod. (on the angle). Be careful that the fitting doesn't sit where the diaphragm travels to, as it could damage it.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jacox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:04 am

Does anyone have a picture, or would it just be easier to just buy a watermaster?

jacox
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jacox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:08 am

Just re-read the instructable and the guy hasn't even drilled a hole at all! He has simply put the barb in the hole where the solenoid used to be.
Will this work as-well? Will the valve still work properly??

jacox
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:24 am

Check out my sig...

Most all sprinkler valves can be modified. If it is the case where the solenoid is directly on top of the valve, the yes, simply make the whole larger for a pilot valve.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: D_Hall » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
D_Hall
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion