Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 77 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Air Conditioner compressors on eBay

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: daberno123 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:57 pm

600 psi! Hooray! Thanks for the info SubsonicSpud.

Now to figure out what to do with it... I'm thinking of using one of the five 1/4" QEVs I also got off eBay piloted with a hammer valve for some .177 fun.

Can't get too far ahead of myself, the compressor hasn't actually arrived yet. :lol:

daberno123
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 am

it seems I missed the part suggesting that the difference between firdge and AC compressors in terms of pressure is connected to refrigerant used...
:?

there are fridge compressors using R22 I've seen them and I can buy them...

that they (AC compressors) could possibly pump twice as much as fridge compressors
I would say that there is no point in buying one if they only pump twice as much as a fridge compressor

right now I am leaning towards using multiple fridge compressors (possibly R 22 ones) instead of building one AC compressor with higher flow... it seems that they are easier to build and to work with - maybe that's just my impression though... and apart from that a setup like this would have one great advantage - if one out of three breaks down you will still have two...

a setup with a considerable volume air reservoir (BTW does anyone knows capacity of scuba tanks??) wouldn't need too many fridge compressors.. 3 or 4 would be IMO an overkill for most useres

(as it would be enough for 100 - 150cc guns semi auto guns and usefull even for large bore single shot guns - notice hwo much time does it usually take to load ammo etc. )

well, until someone builds an AC compressor that works 100% ok so that we could compare flow, max pressure, price and availability this discussion has to be a fully theoretical one...

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Scuba tanks ussually have a volume of 10 or 12liters.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion