Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 63 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

10,000psi rated qev... Yes, I said 10,000psi

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Big-E » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:01 am

Gippeto wrote:
A big bore conversion and tune from him (specificaly, the Quackenbush 308 bandit) can yield 900+ ft.Lbs. of energy from a projectile! Yikes!

Nope. That's 900fps for the 308 bandit. And around 500ft.lb for the .50cal.

Not even close.

yikes.. my bad. It's been a while since i've been to the site and went into my bookmarks to post the link. sorry about the confusion there. Bob does build some nice airguns, though.

As for the high pressures, yes, I also think that unregged CO2 would be considered the upper eschelon, but I differ in the opinion in that HPA is still quite cost prohibitive. While some paintball enthusiasts use it, in my experience, it's only hardcore players that use such equipment. I've been playing for over 15 years, and I still run CO2; it's way more cost effective. It's also easier to get CO2 bottles filled than HPA in most areas. (For example, the local hardware store can fill CO2, but not HPA)

What about nitrogen? that seems to be gaining some popularity as well as becoming more accessible, I see a lot of players running nitrogen as opposed to HPA. Doesn't need to be paintball equipment exclusively; I saw this at Harbor Freight, for example:

...plus, any welding supply should be able to fill it, right? Then again, most people I know run CO2 through their welders because it's cheaper and lasts longer; Some say it even shields better too :D

not too many people run HPA or nitrogen in spudguns yet, but I think you're right in regards to bulk CO2, it seems like the next big thing. Even I've been considering buying a CO2 Regulator for spudding purposes; Might be nice for paintball too. It's way more cost-effective if a purchase can serve double duty. Still, I'm hesitant about running it unregged, except for my paintball gear, which is designed to handle it, of course.

-Speed is a question of money; How fast do you want to go?
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 am

They still have not called me back on pricing, I just left a message with a sales rep... hopefully we'll no soon...

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion