Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

1/2 galv steel gun

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 am

Yep, theres a bunch of ways to deal with schraders. As JSR said, just cut off as much rubber as you can with scissors then chuck it in a drill (with the cap on) so you don't damage threads and maul it with a file or rasp. Or you can get threaded ones such as for tractor tyres, or buy ones with common threads from say..mcmaster.
  • 0

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
User avatar
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 2606
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:27 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Or, visit the local tire store and get a metal one with an inner shoulder and gasket and outer nut. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two. My local tire store will usually give me a couple used ones for free since the stems are supposed to be replaced everytime a tire is replaced. Something like this should be available at pretty much any tire store.

If you still have the leaking valve you can probably swap the stem from an unmodified valve for the damaged one. I believe the gasket is on the moveable piston part, the seat in the valve stem itself is metal. Do you have a stem wrench ("valve stem tool" in the image below)?
  • 0


Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Posts: 3151
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 12

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

inonickname wrote:or buy ones with common threads from say..mcmaster.

the ace near me sells 1/8" schraders by the air fittings for around $2.50 USD
  • 0

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
User avatar
Major General
Major General
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:39 pm

buy a quick connect fittings and you will never have to worry about it again
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: Clutch » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am

Hmm, Thanks for all the help.

And it IS seamed pipe. But it should still hold a lot.
  • 0

Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 am
Reputation: 0


Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]

Reputation System ©'