Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 70 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 66 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Anyone tried these pumps?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Anyone tried these pumps?

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:29 am

Well after some boredom and searching around..I was looking at pumps for pcp air rifles. They struck me as things that would be perfect for gippeto's co-axial and massive X hybrids. Also cheaper than renting gas cylinders, and the flow would be decent.

Article.

Page with prices

The downside is that they start at 200. Which is not bad considering that they will pump much more than 4x the pressure of a shock pump and so many more times more than a shocky.

I'm sure many people here could rig up adapters for a hydraulic fittings, or even make schrader/qd adapters for lower pressure cannons.

(Btw, these can pump to so much pressure because they are 3 stage pumps)

Any thoughts, tried them? Let me know. If I can find suitable materials I'm considering a hybrid revolving around these kinds of pressures (mini of course). Though the price is big and there's a lot of planning to do and it may just go no where.- But think about it.. 200x power in the palm of your hand..

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Hotwired » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 am

200x power in the pumping of your arms.

I'd say it would take perhaps 10-15 minutes to pump up the chamber on my cannon with one of those for the top end pressure. I wouldn't of course because it's not rated for that but that kind of volume anyway.

They're meant for topping off PCP cylinders which don't tend to drop below 2000psi.

Also they need a break every 5 mins of pumping so things don't overheat.

It would be a real drag for dump valve cannons, starting from 0psig all the way back up to 2500-3000psi, firing one shot and starting all over again.

Hotwired
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: far_cry » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:25 am

Hotwired wrote:200x power in the pumping of your arms.

I'd say it would take perhaps 10-15 minutes to pump up the chamber on my cannon with one of those for the top end pressure. I wouldn't of course because it's not rated for that but that kind of volume anyway.

They're meant for topping off PCP cylinders which don't tend to drop below 2000psi.

Also they need a break every 5 mins of pumping so things don't overheat.

It would be a real drag for dump valve cannons, starting from 0psig all the way back up to 2500-3000psi, firing one shot and starting all over again.

like what he says
thos pump are good for pcp air rifles . 10 min with this pump you can fill 1 liter of hpa thate can let you shoot over 50 shoot in the pcp

ImageImage
far_cry
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: covey12 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 pm

like i said in the topic right before this one, these pumps are excellent for chambers like mine, which is a 2'by3" chamber

covey12
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:15 pm

They need to cool down because they are very high performance seals and the friction/heating of these pressures is massive. They'd only be decent for small guns or multishotters..eg a hammer valve/pop off and rigging up an adapter could be a pain. But the fact of the matter is you wont get these pressures in this kind of portability or even price anywhere.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm

If you have a dive shop nearby, a SCUBA tank is a good investment. If not, these pumps make a good gym substitute ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:13 am

As the closest body of water that is connected to every other body of water here is 200+ k's away there's no dive shop. I'm looking at trying to adapt soda stream (water fizzing) bottles as they are the only CO2/HPA source available nearby. Cheap as well.

inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion