Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], farcticox1, Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Metadyne Havoc+an introduction

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Metadyne Havoc+an introduction

Unread postAuthor: dirker88 » Fri May 22, 2009 11:57 pm

First of all id like to introduce myself to you guys im dirker88 also let me tell a little bit about myself. I love kittens,participating in football&wrestling and track&field.

now that thats out of the way my buddy just got the metadyne havoc launcher and i have to say this thing is awesome. Its powered off co2 or compressed air and can shoot things fairly far heres a link.
http://www.metadyneindustries.com/catal ... 4e58c5e1b0

A video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAksWsHKLQ

we were wondering how we could attach a 2.5 inch dia tube and launch tennis balls and other things the you can also remove the barrel and grips so this seems like it would make a good base for a launcher. Any info&ideas discuss. Also hope this is the right place for this.

Left blank by choice of user.

dirker88
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:14 am

Before you try to modify it or ask instructions on modifying it, knowing something about it would be helpful. What does it use for a chamber and dump valve. Can the existing barrel unscrew?

When you convert to a TB barrel, you will need to know the volume of the chamber and the data on the valve so you can size the barrel to take advantage of the available shot of air.

Sometimes it is easier to build from scratch to meet your needs. I did that with this TB cannon.

Attachments
Tennis ball barrel1.jpg
Marshmallow cannon with TB barrel. 100 yards on 60 PSI.
Tennis ball barrel1.jpg (36.58 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: dirker88 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:31 am

The barrel does unscrew and the valve is a piston that goes back that lets loose all the air here you can see the piston.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdF1vO6 ... re=related

BTW Technician1002 very cool cannon 8)

Also im working on building a semiauto portable tb cannon powered by dual Viair mini compressors it will be built on a dolly and the launcher will be on top of a mono pod type turret thingy i hope you get what i am saying. :roll:

dirker88
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat May 23, 2009 12:44 am

Poor Scott :?

I agree with Tech that it probably would be cheaper to build your own but once you have this it's clear that a longer barrel would certainly give you the potential for better performance.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:49 am

dirker88 wrote:The barrel does unscrew and the valve is a piston that goes back that lets loose all the air here you can see the piston.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdF1vO6 ... re=related

BTW Technician1002 very cool cannon 8)

Also im working on building a semiauto portable tb cannon powered by dual Viair mini compressors it will be built on a dolly and the launcher will be on top of a mono pod type turret thingy i hope you get what i am saying. :roll:

Nice video. I don't have a easy source of high pressure air, so I built to match a typical bicycle pump or shop compressor. For that reason I have a larger diameter valve and larger chamber.

That is a very nice unit and well made. At that operating pressure, it uses almost the same volume of air per shot as mine by using much higher pressure in a smaller chamber.

Watch the duty cycle and power draw on those 12 volt compressors. It is one of the reasons I went with an efficient AC compressor and inverter instead.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: dirker88 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:50 am

ive considered serveral air sources for building my own cannon one of them being dual 20 lb co2 tanks. Im torn between that and the viair compressors. :?

dirker88
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:33 am

dirker88 wrote:ive considered serveral air sources for building my own cannon one of them being dual 20 lb co2 tanks. Im torn between that and the viair compressors. :?

Most of the compressors listed seem to be only in the 130 PSI range. Will you be near a good 12 volt supply. If you want fast cycle time the compressors may be undersize.

There is no reason for dual 20 LB CO2 tanks. A single one will provide a full day of shooting.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: dirker88 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:56 am

Technician1002 wrote:
dirker88 wrote:ive considered serveral air sources for building my own cannon one of them being dual 20 lb co2 tanks. Im torn between that and the viair compressors. :?

Most of the compressors listed seem to be only in the 130 PSI range. Will you be near a good 12 volt supply. If you want fast cycle time the compressors may be undersize.

There is no reason for dual 20 LB CO2 tanks. A single one will provide a full day of shooting.

Ive decide to go with the co2 the reason im using two is because i want to be able to get a massive amount of shots before getting the tanks refilled plus two of every thing is better than one. :wink:

dirker88
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sat May 23, 2009 11:40 am

dirker88 wrote: plus two of every thing is better than one. :wink:

Until you have to pay for it and carry it to the location. :D

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat May 23, 2009 12:02 pm

dirker88 wrote:plus two of every thing is better than one.

I dunno. I would have said two amputations were probably worse than one... :tongue3:

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: dirker88 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
dirker88 wrote:plus two of every thing is better than one.

I dunno. I would have said two amputations were probably worse than one... :tongue3:

oops i said that wrong :oops: i guess two tumors would be bad also two strokes,heartattacks,hilary clintons :tongue5:

dirker88
Private
Private

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion