Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 47 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

m-79 design and valve help

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
m-79 design and valve help

Unread postAuthor: madrox68 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am

ok i got the parts t make a barrel and i would be using a 68/4500 hpa tank with a reg or i will be using a low pressure 3k tank with a adjustable reg.

my problem is i am not sure how to build the valve to keep it inline with the barrel. was thinking about using a simple ball valve and doing a shotgun style pump to turn it. however then i have a issue with where do i put the expansion tank and what do i make it out of that will old the pressure needed for a low volume high pressure expansion tank.

a freind told me i should use a piston valve but i have no idea how to make one any pictures of how to make one would be helpful as well as anything else you guys think might help me out thanks

the cannon needs to be fairly small as it will basically be a side-arm bunker buster for paintball and killing the occasional tank.

madrox68
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: far_cry » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 pm

welcome to spudfiles
(( you did not search the forum ))

and you talk about real high pressure that i recommended not to use if you not qualified for it

here you can see how the piston valve work

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/piston-valves-explained-visually-t8157.html

here you can see how to build one

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/self-closing-piston-valve-brass-fittings-t17609.html

and if you can explain exactly what you want to build this will help

ImageImage
far_cry
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: madrox68 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

actaully i did search the forum and couldn't find what im looking for.

and yes i am talking about high pressures and have dealt with them before on my last hpa powered law rocket which works fine when the batteries arnt dead lol.

madrox68
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:11 pm

madrox68 wrote:actaully i did search the forum and couldn't find what im looking for.

and yes i am talking about high pressures and have dealt with them before on my last hpa powered law rocket which works fine when the batteries arnt dead lol.

Remember most paintball fields have a limit of 300 FPS for safety. A piston valve has a much bigger orifice than a paint ball marker, so a much lower pressure has to be used to remain legal. Piston valves often get paintballs well over that on less than 100 PSI.

Edit, I just found this to show paintball impact at 55 PSI.
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/ ... nVideo.flv

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: madrox68 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:46 pm

ok i got ya, a buddy helped me out with making a piston valve and i get how they work alot better after seeing one. am using a nerf vortex rocket as ammo its only for use against bunkers and tanks at scenario games.

what i have to figure out now is a way to make the exhaust valve work the way i need it to.

madrox68
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: SEAKING9006 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:14 pm

I wish I was one of the lucky few to get to play true mil-sim. I have all this weapons technology and nowhere to use it! (lol)

Anywho, can't wait to see the finished product. We've had a bit of a dry spell around here for some time, caused me to almost drop a few of my projects. Always great to see a new face.

Completed projects:
CA1 SMSS Basic Inline
CA3 PDAB Airburst Cannon

Current Project: Bolt action rifle (25x140mm + 1in shot)

SEAKING9006
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: biged » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 am

You can purchase an Airsoft M79 grenade launcher. Then pickup some of the MadBull .68 caliber paintball grenades. The PB4 grenades are rated for use with CO2.

///ed///

biged
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:25 am

madrox, I bet you'd enjoy the link in my sig.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:13 pm

SEAKING9006 wrote:I wish I was one of the lucky few to get to play true mil-sim. I have all this weapons technology and nowhere to use it! (lol)

Anywho, can't wait to see the finished product. We've had a bit of a dry spell around here for some time, caused me to almost drop a few of my projects. Always great to see a new face.

You may find others in the local area. Many follow the goings on on other areas. Maybe it is time to start a local chapter. Ask other groups how they got started and if they would mind posting your organizational meetings. It would be much the same way local groups get together sometimes with a sponsor, such as the Michigan spud fest.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/michiga ... 17944.html

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion