Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Hammer trigger air usage question??

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Hammer trigger air usage question??

Unread postAuthor: boyntonstu » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 pm

It says, "The way this gun gulps air, you'll want to use a scuba tank to refill it most of the time. I found our test Bandit used 400-500 psi of air per shot for the first two shots. I felt that four good, powerful shots were available with each 3,000 psi fill. It's possible to get more than 10 shots from a fill, but the velocity of the final one will be down in the 400s."

The gun is charged with 3,000 psi.

After the first shot it is ~2,600 psi, etc.

My question: What does "used 400-500 psi" mean in practical terms for a single shot rifle?

IOW What chamber volume would be required at 500 psi to equal a single shot of the Quackenbush?

BoyntonStu

boyntonstu
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:58 pm

My question: What does "used 400-500 psi" mean in practical terms for a single shot rifle?

It means that the chamber pressure of 3000 psi has dropped by 400-500 psi. It will drop by higher numbers the more it is shot due to a lower volume of gas remaining in the chamber, and more gas being released to get equal energy.

You would need a much larger chamber than the volume of gas that is released in the first shot is; as the gas in the quackenbush is 3000/lb in^2.
(read the gas laws for clarification).

If you're designing a certain gun, then GGDT is the way to go.

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion