Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 43 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Messed Up pressure gauge?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Messed Up pressure gauge?

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:06 pm

I threaded my new air pressure gauge (McMaster part# 9767T212) into my Palmers Female Stabilizer (Low pressure spring kit: 0-250 psi, 300 psi max.) and the gauge seemed to f*ck itself. The indicator arrow is bent and twisted all around and the gauge is completely ruined. I can only assume that the regulator failed to do its job because the pressure spiked somehow. At the time I had it connected to a 12 gram cylinder.

I did recall reading in the regulator's manual that there is a "break-in" period for the spring kit and until it's broken in, it won't be accurate. I'm still surprised that this happened, I didn't have the dial adjusted anywhere close to max pressure.

Edited by jrrdw.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jeepkahn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:10 pm

are you sure that liquid co2 didn't get past the reg, then boil off and spike the pressure???

jeepkahn
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:56 pm

You threaded it straight into the reg? Maybe the volume is too small, so that the regulator didnt have time to close up, letting high pressure through.

The liquid CO2 theory may also have played a role.

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 pm

That's where the gauges normally go. Could be the liquid, who knows. I emailed Palmers but I'll probably call them tomorrow.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: psycix » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am

But if you plugged the output side directly, the volume may have been too small for the regulator to shut off, or, it did work properly, but the gases were so cold that the pressure raised after it shut as the gases warmed up to room temperature. Or it could just be liquid.

Till the day I'm dieing, I'll keep them spuddies flying, 'cause I can!

Spudfiles steam group, join!
psycix
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:18 am

I would start by replacing the gauge. It may have just been the part that got damaged and not the actual Stabilizer. I remember I busted a gauge on my hybrid (I got pics somewhere) and it went crazy like this one.

If that doesn't work, contact Palmer's customer service and describe the problem to them. They have a jam up customer service and should be able to help.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion