Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Screw in schrader valve

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: FORE!!!! » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

jmadden91 wrote:@FORE!!! - Where did you get it mate?


unfortunatly the guy i was talking to on the phone was a bit of a yes man (junior) and didnt know what i was talking about, later on that day after posting the above message i decided to take a walk down to the shop, he recognised my voice and cam running out from the back of the shop
to show me this....

yes it fits a shrader valve, yes it has 1/4" threads ,but no its not a shrader valve... :roll: IDIOT :(


so i guess its back to the drawing board for me and you.. :cry:
  • 0

Attachments
28-08-09_1329.jpg
i enjoy wild goose chases...
al-xg wrote:
I've used various things like cutting oil, silicone lubricant, even butter

jsr wrote:
This collection of containers on your bedside table must look very intimidating to any visiting young ladies

...but hey, lube shows you care;)
User avatar
FORE!!!!
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: theBOOM » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Dude how the hell could you confuse tht with a schrader.. those things are used in small pressure gauges used to measure the pressure in car tires... most have aluminum or stainless steel on top but your was just brass.... a schrader has male threads on both sides.... :shock:
  • 0

User avatar
theBOOM
Major
Major
 
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 pm

theBOOM wrote:Dude how the hell could you confuse tht with a schrader.. those things are used in small pressure gauges used to measure the pressure in car tires... most have aluminum or stainless steel on top but your was just brass.... a schrader has male threads on both sides.... :shock:



Easy. This is a tire chuck. It's used to FILL schrader valves. The mistake was quite understandable.

AGAIN: McMaster Part# 8063K38

This is a pointless thread if you ask me. It's a simple thing to find, really.
  • 0


PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: FORE!!!! » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 pm

theBOOM wrote:Dude how the hell could you confuse tht with a schrader.. those things are used in small pressure gauges used to measure the pressure in car tires... most have aluminum or stainless steel on top but your was just brass.... a schrader has male threads on both sides.... :shock:


lol are you assuming that ive mistaken this for a shrader??
or is that a rhetorical question?

@ pvc arsenel

if its such an easy thing to find maybe you could help fellow australians
find it, i dont fancy paying $10 for it to be shipped over from america, how about an australian store????
  • 0

al-xg wrote:
I've used various things like cutting oil, silicone lubricant, even butter

jsr wrote:
This collection of containers on your bedside table must look very intimidating to any visiting young ladies

...but hey, lube shows you care;)
User avatar
FORE!!!!
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:14 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:52 am

FORE!!!! wrote:if its such an easy thing to find maybe you could help fellow australians
find it, i dont fancy paying $10 for it to be shipped over from america, how about an australian store????

Try visting your local tire store.

If you absolutely postively must have 1/4" NPT they probably won't have it. If you just need a threaded Schrader they will have that. It'll cost a buck or two US.

For an NPT threaded one you'll probably need to find a hardware store with a decent compressor section.
  • 0

Image

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 am
Location: Greenwood, Indiana
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 7

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

FORE!!!! wrote:@ pvc arsenel

if its such an easy thing to find maybe you could help fellow australians
find it, i dont fancy paying $10 for it to be shipped over from america, how about an australian store????


Ah you're Australian. I apologize. I'll see what I can find.
  • 0


PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1762
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: United States
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: metalmeltr » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:10 pm

i found them at menards. The were about $4. hey had 1/4" and 1/8". They were in plumbing near well pumps. They came with a metal screw on cap with an o ring in the cap. It apears to be made of nickle plated brass. It was made by a company called water source.
www.watersourceusa.com
  • 0


metalmeltr
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:42 pm
Location: united states
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'