Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 70 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Workin on my first Pneumatic cannon/launcher lookin for tips

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: geardog32 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:16 am

Thought of a couple things. You can take the solenoid of and plug the holes up with epoxy. Did you use clear pvc primer? I'm just a little worried that i don't see any purple streaks anywhere.

(\ /)
(0.o)
(><) Copy the bunny to your sig and help him achieve world domination.
geardog32
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Northir » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:30 am

Yea all ready working on the next one, i went through a valve working on this one so im trying to repair the broken valve then ill use the better parts off my first and use the one im repairing for this one, as far as supports go i was already talking to a buddy on how to take care of that, and performance so much better i can hardly believe it, Tacks just disappear havent tried darts, and i get the same performance out of 50 psi as i was at 110, goin to try a blow gun dart real quick :D
Yea clear PVC cement, and as for the solenoid i left it in since i couldnt find any epoxy, i had most of this stuff in my sheds and around the yard,(just imagine i get lots of left overs from construction jobs and so does my father in law, hes a super and hes been gettin stuff for a lot longer :D) anyways im trying to make my own plug with ground up PVC and glue,( on the broken one )
heres pics of a dart (20' away, cant really tell in the picture but its curled and twisted on one end and the other half is sticking trough the other side of the 2X4) and my home made epoxy

Northir
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion