Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 65 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 60 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New Burst Disk Design?

Post questions and info about pneumatic (compressed gas) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about valves, pipe types, compressors, alternate gas setups, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
New Burst Disk Design?

Unread postAuthor: Lockednloaded » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:35 pm

I have been working on a triggered burst disk prototype, and have looked at all the designs on this site (that came up in the advanced search, correct me if there are any i might have missed) I have already replicated Davidvanini (sorry, not exact name, but you get who it is.) I replicated the equalization of pressure method stated on the Wiki http://www.spudfiles.com/spud_wiki/index.php/Triggered_burst_disk and I am currently experimenting with the solenoid design. I think this time i might have found a whole new method while surfing the web, here it is, i cannot tell how much power it has, but it looks promising.http://www.ap.smu.ca/demonstrations/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=85

Lockednloaded
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: c11man » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 am

its been a demenstration for vacums for a while. even if you managed to get a perfect vacum you would only have 14.5psi pushing it. cool demenstration, yes. high power launcher, no

c11man
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Pneumatic Cannon Discussion